Monet's

Winston's POV

It had been an uneventful day. I had woken up, gone to school, and gone back home. After school was my time to unwind, and I planned on making sure I did just that. I was sprawled out on my bed, alone in the house, as always, when a notification from facebook popped up on my phone screen. More specifically, a direct message from facebook.

This was strange considering almost no one used facebook nowadays, let alone dm others on it. Curious, I read the words that these strangers sent me, asking me if I was willing to answer some questions for them. I guess I have nothing better to do, I thought to myself, so I agreed... probably not the smartest nor safest decision I've ever made, but I honestly didn't care. I mean, who would give up a chance to go to Monet's? I sure as hell wouldn't.

I quickly threw on a light jacket grabbing my wallet and keys. I was surprised that Ani and Clay, those were the strangers' names, wanted to meet so soon. I also wondered what questions they felt so inclined to ask me. I entertained these thoughts on the drive to Monet's. Parking my car, I sat for a second, contemplating whether or not this was a good idea.

Eventually, I dragged myself to the front entrance, opening the door to the strong smell of coffee and baked goods. I fully walked in, waiting for Ani and Clay to notice me. Once they did, they waved me over to where they were sitting. "Hello! Winston?" Ani asked (or who I assumed was Ani) "Hi," I responded.

We gave our introductions and settled down with our drinks before the "questions" started. "So you're probably wondering why we asked you to come here...," Clay said. I nodded. "Can you tell us who this is?" Clay asked. He was holding up a student ID with my name on it. However, my face wasn't. "Brian Chu," I said easily. "He took the SAT for me." "How did Montgomery get it?" Clay asked.

Apparently they had found the ID in Montgomery's car. I replied, "Bryce Walker got it from Brian." I was responding nonchalantly when I was really freaking out. What would happen if my parents found out about me cheating the SAT? My brain was running a mile a minute trying to process the whole situation. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Clay asked, "Why did Bryce want it?" I paused. "Leverage. So I wouldn't talk."

I started to recall the events I apparently would never talk about again. "I made the deal with Bryce to keep quiet but really, it was for Monty," I explained. Then Ani started talking. "You know Bryce from Hillcrest. How do you know Monty?"

"We met at a party."

A/N: heyyy! so this is the first story i've ever written so bear with me lol. i decided to write this bc i realized there weren't many fanfics for monty and winston out there and i just want my ship to be happy. please forgive me for any grammatical errors, there probably will be many. i also apologize if it sounds really choppy at times, i hope to improve my writing as i continue. and lastly, i'm sorry that this was rly short and was almost word for word from the actual 13rw episode (season 3 ep 5 if u were wondering) despite all the flaws i rly hope you enjoy! 😚