Chapter 3- The family dinner

-

Camilla

I woke up to the knocking sound on my door.

"Miss west? Are you awake? Your parents sent me to bring you down."

"Oh its fine, I will go down myself and thank you." I sighed as I turned the volume of my radio down.

I pulled a new pullover and before I stepped out of my room, I took a deep breath.

It was time for the torture to begin.

*~*

The dinner was so far two words: awkward silence.

The only sounds that could be heard were the clinking sounds of the wine glasses and tableware. The tension in the room was so thick I could cut it with a knife.

My mom, dad and me were currently seated at each side of a huge rectangular dining table. There was a large variety of food which probably tasted delicious but I felt far from hungry.

Finally I couldn't take it anymore.

"So what do you want from me? "My voice echoed through the dining hall.

My mom gave a small laugh, " We are a family Camilla, we should have family dinners together. "

"We haven't had family dinners since you sent Oliver to that fucking delinquent school, so stop pretending its normal. "

"Don't talk to your mother like that! "My dad shouted, his eyes blazing.

"No Aaron its okay. I want to know why you did it. "

"Did what? Tried to kill myself or waste your money? "Anger bubbled up in me.

"That's enough! " My dad glared at me.

"You're right, I had enough." I pushed my chair back and stomped to my room.

I hated every moment of this, of coming back to this house where I was so lonely. I actually felt jealous of Oliver because he got to escape this place.

I probably should have been more polite to the people who made me but I couldn't. Every time I saw them, I was reminded about what I couldn't be.

*~*

I spent the rest of the time in my room, fiddling with my guitar and singing. I missed singing more than anything. It was one of the few things that made me feel so much better.

Then I remembered something.

I hastily reached my hand into my pocket and my fingers made contact with a mushy sticky object.

Jasper's chocolate!

I pulled the half-melted chocolate out of my pocket and stared at the numbers at the front on the wrapper .The day was beginning to seem alot better.

I dug into my bag, searching for my phone and punched in the numbers .

Wait, but i didn't want to seem desperate, what should i say? What if he gave me a fake number?

In the end, i gave up guessing and sent a message.

-

4.15pm

Camilla:

Hey, is this Jasper?"

Jasper:

Not really, I'm just his twin sister jasperlia :)

Camilla:

?Jasper?