𝟒

Armin's POV

As I held (Y/N), something about her made me feel like...I've never felt before. Even though we were both crying our eyes out, she made me feel...safe. Her soft, (H/C), hair was short, but silky smooth. I rested my chin on her head as I comforted her, stroking the back of her head, admiring her qualities and taking in all her beauty, tears still falling off my cheeks.

You'd think that after all this trauma, I wouldn't even be thinking about things like this. Well, how could you ignore somebody like her?

I found it a little bit unfair that I had felt such admiration, while (Y/N) was still shaking in my arms. Seeing her upset made me have a sick feeling in my stomach. I could feel the wetness of her tears as they fell off her soft face, onto my lap and shirt. I couldn't stand seeing her like this.

So I raised my finger slowly, gently rubbing the tears off her face, holding her like the world was ending.

Well, it was, wasn't it?

What's going to happen now?

Our home is gone.

What does the future hold?

Questions raced through my head like darts. Where were we going to live? How was life going to be now? What's going to happen to my friends?

...Will I even see my friends anymore?

My vision blurred as I asked myself that question.

There's no guarantee that my friends and I will live together. There's not an absolute chance of me seeing with them ever again after this...

Will we move on...and leave each other?

My face was warm and I sobbed again. (Y/N) noticed, rubbing my back. This time, Eren and Mikasa walked over to us, joining (Y/N) and I for a group hug.

As we all hugged each other, I couldn't help but think,

Will I ever see them again?