𝟔

Armin's POV

"Why does this always happen?" My reading was interrupted by (Y/N)'s thoughts.

"What do you mean?"

"Why are we always in each other's arms? Why are we always crying next to each other?" She seemed to be just as perplexed as myself.

"Well, I think it's because...we find a certain comfort in each other. An unbreakable trust that makes us feel safe to be ourselves. I don't know... Why, do you not like it...?"

"No, I like it. But hell, this isn't the first time this has happened. It's not even the second. I just don't want us to be upset." She gazed down at the floor.

"Me neither.", I said.

"I remember the first time I hugged you.", she replied, her eyes fixated to the ground as she began to get lost in her memories.

"You do?"

"Yeah...it was right after those bullies had messed with you again. You were crying..." She became quiet.

"You were always there for me, weren't you?" I smiled as I glanced at her gloomy face. With those words, she looked up at me.

"As were you." She chuckled and returned my smile.
A few moments passed before she decided to speak again.

"When I was asleep earlier...I was dreaming about when we were kids." She was now observing the night sky.

"Oh really? What were you dreaming about?"

"Remember the night before...that day?" You could sense the tension in her eyes when she thought about what happened that day.

"Yeah...what about it?" I tried to recall what had happened.

"We were gazing at the stars. Talking about how beautiful they looked. Remember?" The whole time she talked, she didn't look at me once.

"Yes, I remember."

"They look just the same tonight." I looked up to see what she was talking about. She was right. The stars were absolutely stunning.

"They do..."

"All we have to wait for is a shooting star." We both chuckled at her remark.

"Oh yeah. What was your wish?", I asked her.

"Oh, it was a childish wish. It wasn't really that important." She shrugged. "What about you?"

"Same here." Though my wish wasn't exactly childish, I didn't want her to know, either. As we gazed at the stars, a single thought came to mind.

"Hey, if you had...known what was gonna happen...would you have changed your wish?" She stopped moving and looked at my face.

"I can't tell. It was a good wish back then." She looked troubled.

"Hm..." I didn't know how to respond.

"I guess we'll never know." She sighed before returning her focus onto the sky.

You could see the moonlight shine on her skin as she faced upwards. Her beauty was astonishing.

"Just what are you staring at?", she playfully laughed.

"N-nothing!" Ah shit! She caught me, didn't she?! Holy shit, my life is ruined.

"Relax, I was just messing around." She giggled
before lying down on my lap. My face was a dark shade of red.

"I'm so tired..." She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

I carried her to the tent, lying her down in her cot. As I carefully covered her in blankets, I saw the peacefulness in her body, as she silently slept.

"Goodnight, (Y/N)." I got up and left, knowing that I was not going to get very much sleep today, as the only thing on my mind would be her.