~Chapter 5~

Welcome back to another chapter of my very own book. I really hope you all are enjoying my book! Enjoy this chapter!
—————————————————————————————————————

"Well, look at this. He's fallen for her. This isn't going to end well, especially when we tell alpha that you aren't going through with the mission he sent you on.." Ryan growls through gritted teeth as he looks at the two of us. We step away from each other slightly, glaring at him.

"What are you talking about?.." I ask Ryan as I look between him and Keith with a confused look plastered on my face. "Keith.. what mission are they talking about?.." I ask as I look up at him and frown as he looks away from me and doesn't answer my question.

"Well. Since he won't tell you then, I will." Xander says as he walks towards me and leans down to my ear. "The mission was, he was supposed to get close to you and kill you, my dear.," he whispered. 

My eyes widened as I pushed him away. My heart shatters in my chest as I look up at Keith to see he isn't denying it. I start to sob as I back away slowly.

"W-why... WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!" I scream, pain and anger flooding out with my voice. 

Keith finally found his voice as he stepped closer to me.

"Believe me, it was never supposed to be like this. Yes, I was sent to kill you, but I couldn't help it, I was drawn to you. Kayda, you're my mate. I can't change what my mission was, but I assure you from now till the end of time, I will do nothing but protect you with my life."

I was shocked, to say the least. This whole situation had me shaken. My heart was racing, my mind was spinning. My wolf was just as shaken, but relished in the love of finding our mate. She howled frantically in my head. Xander and Ryan glared daggers at Keith, but he held strong, standing dead still only a few inches away from me. He tentatively grabbed my hand, causing chill bumps to rise on my skin from the touch.

"Please trust me Kayda. I can't lose you. You were made for me, me for you. I'll talk to the Alpha and maybe you can join the pack as my mate. No one would ever harm you again, please forgive me. Trust me." His voice was soft, vulnerable, as he felt every word he spoke.

Giving up on holding my feelings in, I pulled him to me and placed my face in the crook of his neck. I was surrounded by his scent. I didn't try to hide the purr of my wolf at his proximity. He only pulled me tighter against his with a deep growl from within him. Xander began to step forward to say something in defense of their mission, but Keith sent him a death glare that had Xander and Ryan bowing in respect and intimidation.

"W-we will escort you two to the camp whenever you both are ready.. we will protect her.. we promise on our lives.. but we can't disobey the alpha if he orders us to do different.." Ryan stutters out as he looks to Xander then at Keith and me. 

I grip Keith's shirt and push myself against him, not wanting them to get near me or wanting to trust them. He caresses my head and smiles down at me with a sweet smile and caring eyes. I smile and calm down as I stare up at him.

"Go stand guard near her truck. We will be there soon.." Keith says to them as he stares into my eyes and bites his lip.

 I blush and stare back, noticing Xander and Ryan nod and leave. Finally. We are alone. As soon as he's sure they are gone, he roughly pushes me up against a tree trunk and sticks his face into my neck. I gasp and shiver as I feel his breath on my neck. He looks up at me as I bite my lip, puts his hands on my hips, and roughly kisses me. I kiss back and run my fingers through his hair as we make out passionately. I couldn't keep from melting in his arms. We were wound tightly together against the trunk of the redwood behind me. Every so often, he would pull back to take a breath, growling as he pulled me back into him. Throughout the kiss, I could feel his canines slowly growing in length, nipping at my lips, drawing blood, but that only encouraged him to continue the action. Pulling away, he traced kisses down my neck, letting his tongue dance across my skin between every kiss. When he reached my collar bone, I couldn't help the soft moan that pressed past my lips. In a flash, he pulled back from me, grip tightening on my hips. We were both breathing heavily, his eyes were the deep emerald green of his wolf. I could only assume mine was the same, the orange/yellow color of my wolf.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't control myself."

I was slightly dazed, but soon realized what he meant. He was going to mark me without a thought. I couldn't blame him. Every part of my soul wanted him to mark me, right here right now, but the logical part of my mind thought against it. 

 "We'll come to that later, it's alright. I think it's best we leave now." I spoke softly, still trying to calm myself, and my wolf, down.

He nodded in response, slowly releasing his tight grip on my hips for a soft handhold.

"This'll be interesting to tell the Alpha." He chuckled wholeheartedly.  

————————————————————————————————————————

Well, here's another chapter for you guys! Please enjoy and don't forget to vote and leave a comment if you have any questions!