~Chapter 6~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Welcome back to The Cursed Moon, its been a while since I've written. But! Here I am! I have gone through and revised bits here and there. I hope you all enjoy this new chapter!~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we walk out of the dense forest, tightly holding hands, we see Xander and Ryan waiting next to my truck. I look up at Keith with a bit of dread on my face. He stops and caresses my cheek. 

 "Kayda.. don't worry.. we will get everything sorted out. Then we can be together and not have to stress about anyone. It will only be us." he whispers to me and kisses my forehead. I nod and smile, still a bit uneasy, feeling like something isn't right.

We walk up to Ryan and Xander, me tightly grasping his arm, holding it close to my chest as I nervously look up at them. They look up and look to Keith for a signal to go. He nods and sighs as we all start to walk together away from my truck and the forest. I look back and see the Principal looking at me through his window. I see him shake his head and look away, thinking I'm skipping school like always. I look away and frown, as I look forward. We walk past the side of the school and toward a heavily rampant wooded area behind the football field. Ryan held some brush away from an entrance for me, Xander, and Keith and then followed once he made sure the coast was clear. After about an hour of walking, we stop abruptly. Keith looks at me with distress on his face as he takes out a hood attachment for the flannel and zips it on. He puts it over my head and looks into my eyes.

 "I love you.." he says as he kisses me and covers a bit of my face with my hair. I blush and hold his arm tightly as we walk towards an open gate. I tremble as I look up at him. He smiles and kisses my head, telling me to look down and not attract any attention to myself. I nod and stay close to his side as we walk in and start our way through the village. I glance around and see an abundance of people, some holding dead animal carcasses and some holding children. I get hit in the face with the aroma of blood as we walk close by a newly killed deer, fresh blood oozing from its wounds. My mouth starts to water and I wince as my canines push their way out. I push my face into Keith's arm and whimper as I pant, drooling slightly. He notices and frowns.  

"We will get you something as soon as we get this dealt with, don't worry baby.." he says softly enough for only me to hear. I nod and blush, wiping the saliva from my chin, and rubbing my eyes. We stop abruptly and I shiver from the terrifying presence I feel in front of me. I clench my teeth and squeeze Keith's hand. He squeezes back and I whimper softly. He tugs me into his side and holds me. Xander and Ryan bow and address the Alpha by Devin.

 "Why have you come back with some random? What is the purpose of this? Where's the proof of your completed mission?" he asks them, causing me to tear up. Keith growls and steps forward, leaving me to stand behind him.

"I've come to talk about the mission, I'm not finishing it. I realized that she isn't an outcast! She is my mate and I will not kill her or let anyone harm her. Even if it means risking my life.." he growls and I blush. I feel a glare pointed right at me. "Oh, so you just think that you can abandon a mission because of your feelings? I can change that.." he growls and I'm suddenly in his tight grasp with my hood pulled down and my hair completely away from my face.

 My eyes fill with fear as I look up at the Alpha. He tightly grasps my neck. in his big hand and squeezes as he laughs at Keith's reaction. I watch as he tries to rush forward and get me, but the Alpha sends some of his guards to keep him back. I struggle to breathe as I scratch and grip at his hand. I gasp and my sight starts to get blurry. I throw my hand at his face and scratch him with my wolf claws. He drops me to grab his injury, so I take this as an opportunity to run to Keith. He pushes the guys away and rushes to me. He pulls me to his chest and caresses my cheek as I cry.

"You're ok. I have you.." he says to me as he brings me to his chest as I shake and breathe heavily. I hug him back tightly and grip onto the back of his shirt. He steps back with me and growls at the Alpha growls loudly and glares at me with the deep gashes over his right eye bleeding.

"You little bitch!" he yells and speeds forward. Keith pushes me to Xander and grabs the Alpha's hands. He looks up at him with his forest green and fiery orange eyes and snarls, his canines protruding from his gums. I shiver and grip Xander's shirt for comfort as the two begin fighting. I wince as I hear Keith scream out in pain. I turn my head and see that he had been hurt. My eyes widen and I snarl loudly, my eyes changing to a golden orange color. I rush forward and use my body as a shield as I push back against him, trying to get space between Keith and the Alpha. I wince and whimper as the Alpha scratches at my back, leaving deep gashes. I look down at Keith as he stares up at me.

"Why?" he asks as I wince again. 

"You're my mate. I will do everything I can to protect you. Even if it costs my life." I say to him softly before I swiftly turn around and grab the Alpha's claws with my hand. I growl and quickly snap his wrist, shattering it. He steps back and howls in pain. I stand up, holding Keith up, and nod to Ryan and Xander that it's time to leave as I start to walk away towards the entrance gate."This won't be the end of this!!" the Alpha screams as we all leave through the gate, starting our way back towards my truck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all have enjoyed this chapter! It took a lot of brainstorming and songs to figure out what to write. If you have any input or need anything please leave a comment. If you like the chapter please vote it so I know that I'm doing well. Thank you all and have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------