~Chapter 9~

--------------------------------------------

Second chapter for today. Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------

~Dream~

I slowly stir and wake up around 3 am. I look around and see that Keith is still asleep. I slip out of his grasp and plant my feet on the cold tile flooring. I slowly creep to the door and open it, stepping out and closing it behind me. I look around and scratch my head not seeing anyone in the halls or at the nurse's desk. I quietly walk around the halls, getting a weird feeling. I stop at the door for the staircase and I turn around, feeling someone watching me. As I see a dark figure approaching me, I grasp the handle and swing open the door, rushing up the stairs. I trip as I run up the stairs and quickly get back up, rushing up to a door and trying to open it. I curse at myself when I see it's locked. I turn around and see it steadily following me. I slide and run up more stairs, checking every door as I run. I whimper as I get to the last door and run out onto the roof. I look behind me as I come to the edge of the roof. I see it swing open the door and walk towards me. I look down and shake, realizing I'm super high up. I scream as I slip on a puddle, falling backward off the roof.

~Back to reality~

I jerk awake, screaming as I pant and hold my head in my hands. Keith jerks up and comforts me as I cry. The doctor rushes in and asks if everything's ok.

"I-I just died.." I whisper as I shake. The doctor looks at me with confusion and worry on his face.

"I'll call a Psychologist in the morning to come to speak to you, it was going to be part of your check-up anyways. Here, drink this. It will help," he says as he hands me a cup of ice water and some melatonin. "This will help you sleep through the rest of the night, if you notice anything else, please come get one of the nurses," he says as he nods to us and leaves, closing the door behind him. I look up at Keith and whimper as I cuddle into his chest. He kisses the top of my head and shh's me.

 "Take this and get some sleep, honey. We have to hunt once we leave here. None of us have eaten since you've been here." Keith says as he notions to the passed-out forms of Xander and Ryan, both on the couch, laying against each other.

I smile but frown at the same time. I nod and put the pill on my tongue, taking a sip of my water and throwing my head back as I swallow it. I shake my head and gag slightly. I lay back against Keith as he lay down with me. I nuzzle into him and yawn, rubbing my eyes. I slowly doze off but jerk awake every time I hear a noise. Keith rubs my head and smiles down at me.

 "I'll protect you. Please get some sleep.."He says as he yawns. I smile and kiss his jaw as I finally calm down enough to fall back asleep.

~The next morning~ 

I slowly wake up to Keith nudging me, saying the doctor and Psychologist want to talk to me. I groan and whine as I slowly sit up and rub my eyes. I look up at Keith and then look between the Psychologist and the doctor.

 "So. Can we stay in here for this? I'm not fully awake and I'm not about to get up and walk around.." I grumble as my stomach growls. I whimper as I look up at Keith, holding my stomach. 

"Don't worry. As soon as this check-up is over we can go get food baby," he says as he kisses my head. The doctor comes over and checks out everything.

 "You're free to go on my end, now, we just need to check with the psychologist." the doctor says as he steps out of the way and leaves so the Psychologist can do his thing. He walks to me and pushes up his glasses. 

"I heard that you had a nightmare about dying last night, around midnight. Can you tell me everything that happened?" he asks as he clicks his pen and readies his paper. I nod and tell him everything that happened, a confused look creeping onto his face. "You said it was 3 am, correct?" he asks, I nod and tilt my head. "Alright. Could you see the person's face that was following you?" he asks as he looks up at me. I shake my head.

"It was too dark, he had a hood on as well. I also never let him get close enough to me to see." I say softly as I rub my arm. "What the hell is the point in this anyway??" I ask loudly as I start to get irritated with him clicking his pen over and over again.

 He looks up at me and sets his pen down. 

"From the sounds of it, your past experiences are coming back to haunt you, sorta speak, all I can say is that you need to talk about your issues and let out any fear or worries. Having locked up feelings can burst out at any moment, and sometimes cause what people call, Mental Breakdowns, which, in my opinion, isn't healthy. But besides that, you are free to go as long as you come and check in from time to time. Here's my card." he says as he writes a bit more down and passes me his card with his name and a couple of phone numbers on it. I roll my eyes slightly as he leaves. I jump up and slide on my black tennis shoes as I look up at Keith. 

"So! Where are we going?" I ask as my stomach growls louder, causing me to grab my stomach in pain. Keith chuckles as the other two walk-ins, talking to each other about something. They look up and see me awake. 

"Well, good morning sleeping beauty!" Xander says jokingly as he rubs my head. I giggle and smack away his hand. 

"You guys ready to go hunting?" Ryan asks as he puts on his jacket. I nod excitedly and giggle, grabbing Keith's hand and pulling him with me out the door. I start to skip down the hallways of the hospital until I get to the entrance we came in. I turn back and look at Keith with a bright smile on my face. He chuckles and kisses my forehead, walking with me to my truck, Xander and Ryan not far behind us. 

"Let me drive. Alright?" Keith says as he opens the passenger side door for me and helps me in. I blush and watch him as he pats the guys on the back as he walks around the car to the driver's side and jumps in. "Let us get going!" he says as he starts the truck and backs out of the parking spot, pulling out of the parking lot and driving back down the road we drove on to get here. I look up at Keith as he stares down the road, driving towards our hunting spot.

----------------------------------------------------

Thank you all so much. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please leave a comment if you have any questions or input. Have a nice rest of your day.

------------------------------------------------