~Chapter 8~

----------------------------------------

Welcome back everyone! Here's another chapter for my lovely followers! Hope you all enjoy!

--------------------------------------

-Kayda's POV-

I slowly come to my senses and hear a soft beeping noise. I move slightly and feel pressure in my hand. I slowly open my eyes and look down at my hand to see a hand. I look up a bit more and see Keith asleep, his head resting on the bed. I smile and move my other hand to his head. I run my fingers through his hair slowly and hum a song, smiling as I look down at him. He stirs and slowly sits up, stretching and yawning. I giggle and watch as he looks up at me and his eyes lighten up. He pulls me in for a kiss and I blush, kissing back softly as he rests his hand on my cheek. He pulls away and rests his forehead on mine as we look into each other's eyes. A doctor and a nurse walk in, gloves on their hands. I look up at them as Keith sits down back in his seat. 

 "If you don't mind, can I take a look at your back?" the doctor asks as he slips his mask over his mouth and steps next to me. I nod and sit up more so he can move my pillows and see. He pulls the back of the hospital gown away from my back and I shiver. He looks over my back and touches it in certain places. "Hmmm. Your back seems to be healed, the only thing left to show is the scars, but it's only minor. No worries. I'm going to keep you here for another day to keep an eye on you, then you can head home in the morning after a checkup to make sure you're healed up and healthy." he smiles as he looks at the two of us as we hold hands and smile at each other. 

 "That's so great doc. How about once we get out, we can get you some real food." Keith says and laughs as my stomach growls. I nod and giggle, kissing his cheek. 

"Before I go, I do need to ask some questions.." the doctor says softly, having the nurse leave and close the door to my room that I was moved into while being unconscious. I tilt my head and look at him. 

"Ok.. what about?" I ask as I look at Keith. 

"How did you get those wounds.. those are large and deep wounds.." he says as he looks at the both of us. I bite my lip and glance at Keith.

"I got attacked by a bear while we were on a hiking trip. My boyfriend tried to help me and ended up getting a claw to the stomach. Just our luck. Right babe?" I say as I put my hand on his arm and smile, motioning for him to follow along. 

"Oh yeah. Sorry. I was in space. Yeah. We were on a hiking trip with my two buddies and ended up getting lost on our way back to the camp to meet up with them. It was bad luck. Never again." he says as he chuckles and rubs my head as I giggle. The doctor looks at us with a straight face as he thinks about whether he should believe our story or press us for the truth. 

"Alright. You both need to be a bit safer and read up on how to deal with stuff like that. I don't want to see you here in the same situation again. Got it?" the doctor says as he grabs the door handle and opens the door. 

"Yes sir. It won't happen again." Keith says as the doctor leaves and closes the door behind him. I sigh and look up at Keith with a smile on my face. 

"Did you get my bag out of my truck?"I ask as I stand up and stumble a bit. He nods and sets it down on his lap. I smile and giggle. "Pass me the change of clothes that's in the bottom," I say as I pull off the hospital gown and turn around to look at Keith. I blush brightly as I see him slowly looking over my body, making sure to look at every curve. I bite my lip and look away embarrassed. 

"Damn.," he whispers as he places the clothes on the bed and the bag in his chair. He walks over and rests his hands on my hips, pulling me into his chest. I gasp and look up at him as my body tingles from his touch. 

"K-Keith... W-w can't do that here, there's no privacy." I stutter as he kisses my neck and collar bone. I blush and let out a quiet moan as he finds my sweet spot. He looks up at me slightly and smirks. His canines grow longer from his gums and he trails them over my neck. I shiver and bite my lip as I look down at him. 

"May I?" he asks causing me to blush more. I nod and bite my lip as he bites down on my neck. I whimper in pain then shake as it turns into pleasure. My eyes light up as they change color. He looks up at me as he licks over the bite mark, his eyes changing to his wolf's color as well as mine. I blush and giggle. 

"C-can you get me my clothes now babe?" I ask as I blush. He nods and passes me my clothes. A pair of grey sweatpants and a black crop top. 

I stretch and yawn as I look at him sitting on the edge of my hospital bed. I walk to him and stand between his legs as I rest my arms on his shoulders. I blush and slowly kiss him, immediately getting grabbed by the hips and pulled closer. I blush as he pulls me into his lap. I push away and pant as I look down at him, exhaustion showing on my face. He frowns and lays down, resting me next to him, holding me close to his chest, as he covers us up with the blanket. I smile and kiss him softly before I rest my head on his chest and slowly doze off, hearing his heartbeat.

------------------------------------------

I know I do a lot of these small notes at the beginning and end of each chapter. But, just wanted to remind you all if you have any input or questions you can ask me in the comments. I hope you all have a good rest of your day and get some well needed sleep.

------------------------------------------