chapter five

chapter five 

clarabelle's pov

"Hey fool, do you even know where we're heading?" I chuckled. Luke gave me a glare and continued driving. 

"Jesus Clarabelle just shut up and enjoy the ride." Luke sigh and turned on the radio. I rolled my eyes and just stare out the window. A minute later I felt a hand on my thigh. 

"Clarabelle, are you mad? I'm sorry I'm an asshole 90% of the time" Luke say in a sweet tone, causing me to smile at how he cares about how I'm feeling. 

"Glad to know that you're aware that you're an asshole, Lucifer" I teased. 

"I will be the biggest asshole ever if you call me 'Lucifer' one more time" Luke say, scowling. 

"Lucifer" 

His hand on my thigh left to my side and he starts to tickle me. I start to laugh uncontrollably. 

"OK OK STOP I PROMISE I WON'T CALL YOU THAT AGAIN" I say, still out of breath from laughing. 

"Good. We're here. Get out of my car" He say as the car pull up to an Italian restaurant. Isn't this a little too fancy for lunch? Luke signaled for me to stay in the car as he walk around to open the door for me. 

"We're eatting here for lunch?" I asked. He nodded and led me inside the restaurant. We were guided to a booth near the back of the restaurant. We spent 30 minutes arguing on what we both want and finally settled down with something. 

"Best lunch I've had in a while" I say, shoving a spoonful of lasagna into my mouth. 

"If I could marry this place, I would." Luke say, also mouthful of food. We both finished the food and once again, spent 30 minutes arguing on who's paying. We settled on paying half and half. 

During the car ride home, we were both screaming at the top of our lungs to a Blink 182 song. 

"I didn't know you have a good taste in music, Clarabelle!" He tried to yell louder than the music that was blasting. 

"There are so many things you don't know about me, Lucifer!" I yelled back. 

-

"Did we really just watch that movie? Ew I can't believe you talked me into watching that lame ass movie." Luke say and I laughed. I basically forced him into watching "White chicks" with me. We were both laying on my bed, shoulders touching and just talking about the most random things. 

"Luke?" I ask. He had his eyes closed and was probably tired from laughing so hard from the last 3 hours.

"Hmm?"

"Why did you come over last night to ask about my date with Ashton?" He suddenly opened his eyes and you could see it soften. 

"I don't know, Clare. I honestly didn't know what I was thinking." He say, my heart beating when he called me 'Clare'.

"Are you sure you don't know why you did it?" I asked again, and he nodded. I didn't know why I wanted to know so bad. It wasn't like his surprise visit kept me awake all night thinking about it. 

We both just laid there in silence, hands almost touching. I felt his hand brushing softly against mine and I cleared my throat. He then spray up from my bed.

"Shit, I have to go. Practice tonight with Michael. I'll see you later?" He ask, putting on his shoes. I got up from my bed and try to flatten out my outfit. 

"Sure. When's later?" I asked. 

"Tomorrow sounds okay?" He ask, handing me his phone for me to put my number in. I nodded.

"See you tomorrow, Clare" He gave me an awkwardly hug before rushing out the door. I sigh and lay back down on my bed, hoping to get some sleep tonight. Minutes later I hear a beep on my phone. 

7:45

to: Unknown number

hi 

-

7:45 

to: Unknown number

who's this???

-

7:46 

to: Unknown number

it's luke 

-

7:46 

to: lucifer 

hi didn't you just see me like 5 minutes ago 

-

7:46 

to: clare 

ya but i miss you already 

-

7:46 

to: lucifer

im glad you miss me already i miss u too 

-

7:47

to: clare

really????

-

7:47 

to: lucifer 

no 

-

7:48 

to: clare

wow ok rude af 

-

7:48

to: clare 

anyway i wanted to say that i had fun hanging w/ you today even though i pissed you off like the whole time 

-

7:50 

to: lucifer

aww i had a good time too and yeah you really did but i dont mind bc you entertain me

-

7:52

to: clare 

you entertain me too. sleep well clare

-

7:55 

to: lucifer 

night lucifer 

-

7:56

to: clare 

can you not call me that plz

-

7:56

to: clare

have a good dream 

-

what the hell hahaha i suck at this but yeah 

so luke and clarabelle hung out today and i guessed now they're bff and they're going to hang again tomorrow? wowza 

bye