Episode 8

JEONGYEON'S POV

"Alla Prima," I read the name of the restaurant that we arrived to. My eyes widened, "Oh my god. This is a really fancy place!" I can't believe that Jimin oppa brought me here. It's been a while since I ate at an extremely fancy and superb restaurant. I mean, this restaurant has two Michelin stars! "Gosh, I'm out of words." I'm still surprised!

Jimin oppa was only giggling because of my reaction, "Let's go?" He offered his hand. I'm still shocked, so I wasn't able to react quickly. Still, I took his hand and we both followed the waiter. There seems to be a lot of wealthy families, businessmen and corporate people in the first floor. I know that they recognized me and Jimin oppa right away because of their stares. Even the waiters and the waitresses were stunned to see us, but we had to ignore their eyes.

We had to use a glass elevator, so that we can reach the desired floor. "Oppa, when did you plan all of this?" I asked him.

He eyesmiled, "I just thought of it the other day." He said. We were quietly led by the waiter until we reached our desired floor. It was the third floor of the restaurant and there are no other people. The waiter stood by the end of the hallway and left the two of us. Meanwhile, the cameramen of the variety show placed their cameras on a certain spot, so that they can leave us for a meaningful moment. 

It felt surreal yet awkward for me. It's just been a few weeks since me and Jimin oppa have met, yet he's doing unimaginable things because of our virtual marriage. I started to think that I do not deserve him as my man because I can't ever repay him with something as grand as this. 

He pulled out a seat for me, so I sat and he sat down beside me as well. This is the topmost floor of the restaurant and it has the most amazing view. Romantic violin music is playing everywhere and we get to see the night view of Seoul. I can't imagine that I'm receiving something like this.

"Have you ordered, oppa?" I asked him and he hummed a yes. I looked around the place and it only leaves me speechless. "Ah, by the way, oppa. Why are you wearing a boutonniere? Are we doing our wedding vows right now?" I asked and he started laughing.

"I'm such a fool for wearing this." He is still laughing when he took off the rose on his lapel. So, we're not holding our wedding now? "Did I overdo our dinner?"

"Somehow." We laughed in unison. I'm not going to lie. I feel more comfortable with him the more we spend our time together. "Are you watching every episode of the show?" I asked, pertaining to WGM.

He nodded, "Yeah. I was only taken aback with  Dahyun's words because I'm a clingy person."

I felt embarrassed because I feel like he's always holding back his personality because I'm not fond of skinship. "Ah, I understand." He half-smiled and that worried me. I don't want him to sacrifice his real personality just because I don't like being clingy, but I guess I have to change my ways. "Oppa," I called him. All of his attention is on me and I have never felt like this. I felt shy! 

"Hmm?"

I caught his hand resting on the table, so I took the initiative to hold it. "Skinship is OK, oppa." Don't turn your back on this now, Jeong! I saw his smile become wider. His face flushed, so he tried hiding it by looking down while laughing. "Yah, why are you laughing?" I also felt embarrassed because of what I did! 

The waiters started serving our food, so I had to release his hand. Maybe I should really open up since he's my husband. I don't want to show my wacky side right away, so I started eating quietly. In TWICE, I'm seen as a big eater, but I can't do it now that I'm in front of him! 

"This is really tasty," I complimented. "Ah, oppa. Why is there no one around us?"

"I rented the whole place." He answered and that made my jaw drop. How can he actually rent a two-star Michelin restaurant? Wah, this man is really something. 

We let the romantic violin music fill up our silence. It may be silent, but it is comfortable. We talked about about ourselves that we didn't see the time pass by. A waiter served our dessert for the night as our last meal. 

To be honest, it's still not clear for me why he did this grand dinner for us. It's not like we're celebrating our 100th-day anniversary.

As soon as we finished our dinner, he stood up and looked around while smiling. "The music is too good not to be danced to," he sighed which made my eyebrow raise. What does he mean by that? Smilingly, he offered his hand. "Will you dance with me, yeobo?" I was lost for a moment because of his offer. I wasn't thinking that any slow dance will be happening tonight! I even thought that we're just going to catch a simple dinner, but he gave me something spectacular.

I don't want to embarrass him, so I took his hand. He led me near the glass windows of the restaurant where we can see the full city of Seoul. This is...romantic. Really romantic, I guess.

We were dancing with the music and it felt really comfortable that I didn't notice myself clinging both of my arms around his neck. His warm hands hugged my waist, so I can't stare at him.

He giggled, "Yeobo, am I not handsome?" He asked so suddenly, so I looked into his face.

"You're really handsome, oppa." I said without doubt. Jimin oppa is really charming, so I didn't wonder why he's being chased around by girls. He looks a little naughty, but he's a real gentleman.

"Then why are you not looking at me?" He pouted. Oh god, my heart! I had to look away because I felt shy because of his aegyo. That was really sudden! I didn't have time to prepare myself! "Yah, you're not looking at me again!" He stopped dancing and that's when I figured out that he's annoyed.

Sighingly, I stared at him and held both of his cheeks. I knew he'd flush, "Oppa," I called him. "I'm sorry, OK?" He giggled and we continued swaying with the song. I think this is the most comfortable moment since we got married.

Suddenly, we heard fireworks from outside. There is no other national event, so I was curious why fireworks were sparked. We stopped for a while and looked outside the glass walls to watch the random fireworks show.

"Wah, this is really beautiful." I was so focused into watching the fireworks light up. The different splashes of colors distracted me that I'm still with Jimin.

But as I was watching the fireworks, I saw images form.

정연

My name sparked, so my eyebrows crossed immediately. Why did my name just pop out?

Will

"Will?" I spoke, utterly confused.

You

"You," I continued reading.

Marry

"Marry..." And that's when I knew what was the next word. As soon as the last firework was lit, I looked beside me just to see Jimin oppa kneeling down with a ring on his hand.

Me?

"Jeongyeon-ah, will you marry me?" He asked. I was left dumbfounded.

--*

i'm sorry for the late update uwu

also, thank you for the 1k reads + 100+ votes! it's so fast! it's just been two weeks since i published this, so i was really thankful ❤

don't forget to vote, comment and share! :D