Chapter 8

"Kiera you are so fired." Cat said, since despite the fact that she'd already sent Kara home for the day, now that she was trying to ahold of her to help deal with the current situation at Catco, that being that the entire office had gone dark, and Kara was not answering her phone. Of course it could be the fact that her phone no longer seemed to be working, but since she'd managed to get a message out before her phone quit on her, she'd assumed that Kara would be on her way the moment she saw the text.

"Ah, what's the matter Cat, are you afraid of being alone?" a new voice said.

"Leslie. I didn't think you'd be moving around so soon. Where are you?" Cat asked, right as the screens in her office began to crackle and the image on them became a large combined version of Leslie Willis.

"I thought you would've heard the news Cat, since after all, it is your fault. Leslie Willis is dead. I am Livewire." Livewire said as she suddenly appeared in the office.

"How did you?" Cat asked.

"Don't worry about that. You should be more concerned about this." Livewire said as she generated electricity from her hands and Cat closed her eyes, actually fearful for what was going to happen when suddenly, the glass windows of her office shattered and right before the lightning could hit her, something or someone got in the way.

When Cat opened her eyes, she found a blonde woman wearing a suit that looked very similar to the one worn by Superman, including the S on her chest and the red cape, standing between the two.

"Who are you. You're not Superman obviously." Livewire said.

"Wow, you're smart. This isn't Superman's city, it's mine." the woman said.

"So, who are you?" Livewire asked.

"You can call me Supergirl." Supergirl said before turning to Cat.

"Ms. Grant, get to safety." Supergirl said and for the first time in years, Cat actually listened without hesitation before running for the door to her office.

"No." Livewire said as she attempted to blast Cat again, but once again, Supergirl got in the way, using her cape to block the blast.

"Not gonna happen sparky." Supergirl said.

"The name is Livewire." Livewire shouted as she blasted Supergirl, who countered with her freeze breath, since Kara knew better than to use her heat vision against Livewire, since it would just feed her.

"I don't care what you're calling yourself, you threaten innocent people, you pay the price." Supergirl said.

"Cat Grant, innocent. That's cute. She's the reason I'm like this." Livewire said.

"She never intended for you to become what you are now." Supergirl said and before Livewire could say anything else, Supergirl quickly used her freeze breath to encompass her in ice before using her heat vision to melt the ice surrounding Livewire back into water, causing her to short circuit.

"Water and electricity, bad mix." Supergirl said with a smile as she turned to Cat.

"Are you okay Ms. Grant?" Supergirl asked.

"You know who I am?" Cat asked.

"Everyone on earth knows who Cat Grant is." Supergirl said.

"Fair enough. And what should I call you?" Cat asked.

"Supergirl." Supergirl said as she picked Leslie up and flew her out of the building.

"So, I sent the footage from your suit's bodycam to NCPD. Anonymously of course, but they're expecting her. By the way, I like your name." Ray said over Kara's comms.

"Great. I'll be back at the base after I drop Leslie off." Kara said.

"Looking forward to it." Ray said and Kara smiled as she arrived at the precinct.

"Who are you?" A familiar voice said and Kara had to resist the urge to glare at Maggie Sawyer as she walked up to her, since Kara remembered how heartbroken her sister had been by Maggie, but in the end, she knew she couldn't blame Maggie for it, since in the end, they'd just wanted different things.

"Someone who's just trying to help." Supergirl said as she deposited Livewire on the ground.

"Leslie Willis." Maggie said as she quickly moved to place a pair of power dampening cuffs on Leslie, since ever since Superman had landed on earth, metahumans were a bit more common, meaning that the government had already developed both alien and metahuman power dampening tech.

"I just stopped her from killing Cat Grant." Supergirl said.

"We saw the footage. But who are you?" Maggie asked.

"Call me Supergirl." Supergirl said as she flew away.

Kara was flying back towards Palmer Tech when suddenly, she felt something actually prick her neck.

"Really Alex. I thought you were okay with me doing this?" Kara said as she felt kryptonite entered her system and made a mental note to punch J'onn for this, since she knew Alex likely wouldn't be involved in it this time, before kryptonite took full effect and knocked her out, sending her falling to the ground.