Chapter 11

"So, you quit working at Catco." Alex asked Kara as they had their sister night.

"Yeah. I mean, I figured Cat was going to fire me anyways, so I decided I might as well go out on my own terms. But to my surprise, she didn't seem angry. If anything, I think she was almost proud of me, since what I'm doing, it's basically the same thing she did. She left the Daily Planet and started her own media. Which is exactly what I'm planning on doing to do now." Kara said.

"Really how?" Alex asked.

"I'm going to use my alter ego to my advantage. I mean every single media outlet in the country is going to want to get an exclusive with Supergirl. I can use that to start building out my brand. I can start a blog, get people's attention using Supergirl and the other heroes that have been emerging and then go from there." Kara said.

"And how exactly are you going to pay for all that?" Alex asked.

"Well, that's one of the perks of having a rich boyfriend. Ray's already offered to pay all my bills until I get some financial security." Kara said.

"Damn, you've got that man wrapped around your finger don't you?" Alex asked with a smirk.

"Ray offered to help me out, I even tried to stop him, but you know him." Kara said with a smile.

"I cannot wait for mom to meet him." Alex said.

"Yeah, is she still staying with you when she gets in next week?" Kara asked.

"Yes and you still need to have that talk with her about Supergirl." Alex said as she sipped her beer.

"That's more of an in person conversation don't you think?" Kara asked.

"Fair enough." Alex agreed.

"So anyways, what's new in your love life?" Kara asked, since she honestly wished that Alex could remember her relationship with Kelly.

"Nothing." Alex said.

"Still all work and no play?" Kara asked, rolling her eyes in exasperation, since she had to keep reminding herself that this version of Alex has not yet come out and Kara couldn't force her to. Not when she doubted that this Alex even realized she was gay.

"Pretty much." Alex said.

"Alex, you need to start living your life. I mean seriously, when was the last time you went out on a real date?" Kara asked.

"Have you and mom been talking?" Alex asked.

"Yeah. Do you really think that you're the only one she calls about the lack of dating her daughters do." Kara asked.

"Fair point." Alex said.

"I do agree with her though. I mean, before I met Ray, I never thought that what I have with him was possible. I thought that being an alien and eventually becoming a hero would get in the way of that." Kara said.

"Clark and Lois seem to make it work." Alex pointed out.

"I know, but I'd convinced myself that it was because Kal was more human mentally. I mean, he grew up on this planet his whole life, that had to make it easier for him to relate to other humans. But being with Ray helped me realize that it was possible for me to be with someone and look at how much happier I am because of it." Kara said.

"To be fair, you're always a little ball of sunshine." Alex reminded her.

"True, but you've seen the impact being with Ray has had on me right?" Kara asked.

"Yes, I have." Alex said.

"So, wouldn't you like that happiness for yourself?" Kara asked.

"Okay, I am not having this conversation with you." Alex said and Kara laughed.

"Well now you know how I've felt every time I've had it with you." Kara said.

"Fair enough." Alex agreed as they heard a familiar gust of wind.

"Is Clark visiting?" Alex asked.

"No, he's still in Metropolis." Kara said as she heard someone land on her balcony and she and Alex both got up.

"Then who is that?" Alex asked.

"I don't know. But let's find out." Kara said as she pulled back the drapes and opened the door to her balcony only to stop short at who she saw.

"Hello little one." Astra said with a warm smile on her face as she faced her niece.

"Kara, you know her?" Alex asked and Kara took a shaky breath.

"Alex, this is Astra. My mother's sister and my aunt." Kara said tearfully as she looked at her dead aunt in shock and disbelief that she was still alive on this new earth. And she'd be damned if she was going to lose her again.