Freedom isnt easy.

I shuffled through the snow still limping on the leg that broke. It was set wrong. Ugh I hate this all of the scars the injuries that had wolf bane and still haven't healed. I'm hideous now my mate will never accept me. My wolf whimpered at the thought. Shhh I soothed her. It's ok we are only thirteen it might heal by the time we meet our mate. I decided to shift and travel quicker. I still won't be fast as a result of starvation and abuse you weaken. I laid in the snow and concentrated on my wolf form. I thought of my dull brown fur marred by horrendous scars and wounds. I thought of the feeling of a tail and four paws. I screamed as I shifted I've only shifted once before. That was the original shift on my tenth birthday. They haven't let me shift since then because of that I still feel pain when I shift. I ran as fast as I could faster then a humans pace but a lot slower than a wolf's. I stumbled over a stone and was pinned to the ground by a large rust colored wolf. He opened the common mind link of all wolfs and asked "who are you why are you on my territory?"  

Feeling his alpha power I shrunk away from him expecting a blow. I stuttered out "n nn Nina , Nnnnina Broo o kes. Fffrom theeeee nightingale pp pack." he huffed and said "who hurt you?"  

Gaining confedence I said "my pack they hurt me."  

He growled and said "well than welcome to my pack."  

I shook my head fiercely as I chocked on the words "no thank you". At his shocked expression I hurried to explain myself to him. "I'm sure you have a lovely pack but I wanna learn to fight and go help people defend them selfs from someone with an advantage they protection I didn't have. Hey what's your name?"  

The alpha chuckled and said "my name is Tom and I understand. So here is what I propose you stay here as an invited rouge and we teach you to fight then when we can't teach you anything else I send you off to my cousin to teach you more. After that you go out and teach." 

I nodded eagerly and stood up off the ground. We walked to the pack house his arm around my shoulders. I smiled my first real smile in years and walked with him towards the packhouse towards the beginning of my new life. I may not be healed, beautiful, or confident but I don't need that. I am gonna help others not myself.

Ten reads I luv y'all.