Chapter 11

Eden POV

I can't believe this long weekend that never felt like it would end was finally over.

Ever since I told my secret to protect Mason from the hands of our father I have very little time to myself. Somebody is always finding some reason or excuse to bust in and check on me. It's quite annoying but I like the feeling I get knowing they care.

We have about 10 minutes until we have to be out the door so we don't miss the bus.

I hate school but for once I'm looking forward to it. Eight glorious hours I can escape my brothers and my parents and just have a moment to breathe.

I may not be able to cut anymore but I still have ways unknown to my family to deal with my stress and anxiety.

Grayson POV

Friday I had a best friend another brother. Today I have to let him go and try not to kill him. I've had mixed emotions about today all weekend.

I've gone over in my head what I'm going to say to Tanner when I see him, try not to cause a scene or get myself in trouble. Trust me had plenty of that this weekend to serve a lifetime.

I got about twenty minutes to wrap my head around this confrontation because like it or not it's happening.

Aiden POV

I have to quit football today. Coach is not going to be happy especially since we just made it to the play-offs. I'm not looking forward to giving up what I love most.

I also have a certain someone I have some explaining to do. How I didn't just sleep with her then vanish. I'm not that guy, hopefully she will buy me being grounded for the rest of my life, if I'm lucky.

Mason POV

I'm actually concerned for everyone this morning. Eden is a little too eager to get to school, Gray has to cut ties with his best friend since kindergarten and Aiden well he has girl problems oh and there's having to tell Coach about Friday night.

Today isn't going to be fun for any of them. Especially trying to get through the day without anybody noticing how much trouble they are having sitting.

Eden POV

As I walk into the building I see Tanner smirking and I instantly go numb. Before I know it he has his arm thrown around my shoulders.

"I'd get off of me if I were you. Grayson is looking for you and if you don't want a broke nose and possibly some missing teeth I'd walk away while you still can."

"Damn girl chill. What's gotten into you? You can be all over me and fool around three nights ago but now you can't talk to me."

"Tanner I'm not asking you again let go of me and walk away."

"Whatever you're nothing but a slut Eden Reid and everyone in the school knows it. Biggest slut in the county."

I just had to make it until after school. Dad was working nights so would be gone by time we got home,  mom was working late,  Gray had practice, Mason had study group my only problem was Aiden.

Grayson POV

I was looking all over for Tanner until a kid from Masons grade ran up.

"Your Masons brother? Some jackass jock has ahold of your sister won't let her go and calling her a slut and any other name he can throw her way."

He's dead.

"Yeah I am,  where are they and do me a favor find Mason and let him know."

"Um yeah ok and they are by the media arts hallway.

I half walk half sprint to where yet again Eden falls victim to the hands of someone I should've cut ties with years ago.

"Get your Fucking hands off of her now Tanner. You have until the count of three before I start ripping you apart and breaking every bone in you're body."

"Ah come on buddy just having a little fun. Don't be a sour puss."

I shove him away from Eden and stand between them.  Without taking my eyes off Tanner I block his path to her and tell her to go class and get out of here.

"One. You think I'm playing games with you I'm not. You finally did it Tanner you finally managed to destroy the only good in your life. I had one rule my sister is off limits to all of my friends. You have been part of our family since she was 3 years old.  She should be a sister to you yet you get her drunk and high on no telling what drugs and take advantage of her. You more or less raped her and you know it. We've been friends since kindergarten and ive seen you through some bad choices and some horrible moments in your life. When your dad abandoned you who was there, when your mom chooses her drunk boyfriends over you who was always there. Whose bailed you out of so much shit because you can't handle your home life. And you say thank you by taking advantage of Eden instead of protecting her like she trusted you to do. Get out of my face Tanner I'm done with you. And the next time you decide to call someone a slut and put hands on them may want to make sure they aren't your sexual assault victim."

"Gray, Grayson, Grayson come on let's talk about this. Don't just walk away like that. GRAY"