Chapter Two: Meeting Inoakari (Edited)

Hey y'all, here's another edit. Love y'all!
________________________________________________________________________________
Neji would have agreed with Tenten, but the opening of the door stole both his as well as everyone else's attention. Neji's eyes almost popped out of his head when he set his sights on three people he'd never expect to see. Sasuke and Orochimaru were standing right in front of them, but what really got him was the man standing in between them. The sage of the six paths.

Neji swore he'd never thought a room full with so many people could be this quiet, but then again he never expected to see The creator of ninjutsu with his own eyes.

"I've never been so confused in my life," Neji heard Shikamaru whisper, and he agreed with the Nara one hundred percent.

Hagoromo walked further into the room, shocked faces all around. Orochimaru and Sasuke followed close behind. Neither would admit it, but they both were confused and a little nervous being surrounded by so many powerful shinobi. The sage of six paths walked over to Tsunade, all eyes in the room watching his every move, "Alright, now we may start," Hagoromo smiled, sitting next to the blond Hokage on the cold floor.

Sasuke tried to take a seat next to The sage, but Hagoromo stopped him by reaching his hand out, "You'll be sitting with your team," he said, referring to team seven.

Shock flickered in Sasuke's eyes for a second, "But, they're not my team anymore. I am Orochimaru's apprentice; at least allow me to sit next to him," he said with an unfamiliar waver in his voice. It was hardly noticeable, but Hagoromo noticed.

He shook his head, "I'm sorry Sasuke, but you'll do as I say. Orochimaru will be sitting with the other sannin. Orochimaru whipped his head in shock towards the sage but spoke not a word. Instead, he went to take his place between Jiraiya and his old student Anko. Orochimaru nodded off his student, and with hesitation Sasuke walked over to team seven and sat between Sai and Yamato.

In any other circumstance, Anko would have jumped into the air, ready to kill her former sensei, but even she stayed obedient to the sage. All in the room were surprised, shocked, and confused over all that was happening. Sai, being the ex-root member that he was, was the first to break the sage's trance. He looked over to the Uchiha sitting next to him, "You're Sasuke,"

Everyone in the room, besides Hagotomo and Sai himself, were shocked back into reality as they turned their attention from the ninjutsu creator towards the pale ninja. Even Sasuke was a bit shocked, but then proceded as himself "I am, and you're Sai. The one who replaced me,"

Sai nodded, his fake smile still on his face, "You know, they care for you very much. I'm still learning about friendship and I've learned that it's much more complicated and complex than I first perceived. Your friends here," Sai gestured towards both Naruto and Sakura, "They've proven that to me time and time again with their love for you,"

Both Naruto's and Sakura's eyes were as wide as saucers. Neither of them could believe such emotion (Even if the emotion wasn't detectable) could come from their emotionally lacking teammate.

Everyone else in the room was once again surprised (They just can't get a break can they?), even the sage was in awe. Sasuke stared at the painter for a moment and then the corners of his mouth barely tipped upwards, "Hn," was all he uttered.

"Well alright then," The sage of the six paths smiled, "I guess we should begin," he looked over at the Hokage and nodded towards the blond woman, "I'm guessing that all of you have realized by now that this is no normal meeting,"

The members in the room all either nodded or verbally agreed with a, "um-hm"

The sage continued, standing back up and walking towards the only wall in the room without any bodies leaning against it. Opening his cloak just a bit to slip his hand inside he grabbed what looked seemed to a silver orb and sat it down on the floor, "This here is a memory orb,"