// btr// ° (art by @strawburry_panic)

"He's right next to me, why can't you see him?!"

"You know, I think your hair is perfect the way it is." Kendall says, playing with James's brown locks.

James shooed his hand away. "Fucking quit, I have stuff to do." He smoothed his hair back over with his lucky comb.

"James!" Carlos shouted from the kitchen. "It's almost 4, take your meds please!"

The tall male groaned, loathing the thought of choking down the little array of colored pills his doctor prescribed him.

"You can not take them.." Kendall suggested. "They don't do anything anyways."

"As much as you like breaking rules, I kinda need those drugs." James went to grab the knob of his door put felt something- someone grab his arm. He stumbled away from his bedroom door, sighing in annoyance.

"Just skip em for once, no one will notice." The blonde continued, gripping his arm tightly. "You're fine."

"Kendall I can't-"

The door creaked open, Carlos peering his head in like a shy cat. James didn't seem to notice and continued his conversation.

"The medication makes you act funny," Kendall pleaded, still clinging to the teen. "Please don't." He sounded almost scared.

James pulled him close, running his hands through the fluffy whisp that was the blonde's hair. "It's okay baby, I'll be fine-"

Suddenly Kendall heard something. Or someone. He got out of James's grasp and quickly ran into the closet.

"James?"

The brunette looked over, the Latino looking like he had just seen a damn ghost.

"Yeah Carlos?"

"Who were you talking to?"

James scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Kendall, duh.."

Carlos sighed. "James, Kendall's-" He stopped, feeling the taller male's eyes on him. The brunette wasn't even staring at him. His eyes were glassy as he stared off.

Disassociating once again.

Most of James's problems were manly due to trauma. After what happened on the tour bus, he was never really the same. He'd stare off for hours, sometimes even days. He wasn't as bubbly as he was before. Instead of the usual talkative, out-going James Diamond that everyone was used to, he became more quiet. He didn't interact with anyone he didn't have to and just..

Shut down..

James started to pick at the scabbed over cuts on his wrist, something he'd do without realizing it. His sharp nails dug into the wound, reopening it. Blood slowly trickled down his arm and staining the sleeve of his shirt. He just dug deeper. And deeper.

Carlos ran over and moved his hand away, seeing the sticky blood smear slightly. It stained his finger tips as he tried to clean it off.

"Damn it James!" He squeaked, James snapping out of his trance. He looked at Carlos but the shorter male was too busy cleaning up his mess to look back.

"These damn cuts won't heal if you keep picking at them! You didn't re-wrap them either!" The Latino raised his voice slightly, making James flinch against his touch.

Carlos pulled him into the bathroom and sat him down on the toilet while he looked for the first aid kit.

"Why don't you listen to me?" He continued on. "I'm know I have to keep an eye on you and take care of you but you could make a damn effort to do what I said." He grabbed the rubbing alcohol and a rag.