Sixteen

A real date with Ruel? Ok, breath. It's gonna be fine. Nothing can go wrong.

My aunt, uncle, mom, dad and my brother new I was going on a date with Ruel. I bet the whole town knows. I told dad, dad told mom, mom told my aunt and uncle, they told the whole neighborhood and then the rest of the world somehow figured it out too.

Ruel never told me where we're going so I didn't know what to wear. I didn't know if casual was enough or if I should wear something more fancy.

After I was going through every piece of clothing I had, I finally found something I thought might look nice.

I got dressed and curled my hair. I also put on some light make up.

(If you're wondering where I get all the outfits from, I get them from fashionbyyoo)

Ruels pov

I was nervously waiting for our date. I didn't want to mess anything up. I wanted her back and I'm going to win her back today. In less than two hours actually.

I've planned this date for hours and I just want everything to be perfect.

There's one night I'll never forget and that's the night Eleanor and I went to the park on our first date two years ago. That's when we admitted our feelings for each other.

I wanted to recreate that date just to wake up some old feelings.

I had told Eleanor to meet me outside a cafe that's near the park. I didn't want her to get suspicious about where we're going so I made it look like we were going to that cafe, but instead I'm walking her to the park.

My plan is to set up everything at the place we're gonna be at and then walk her there. We're eating sushi that I ordered at a local sushi restaurant, just like our first date. I have lights and a soft blanket for the comfort.

It was now 30 minutes until I was going to meet Eleanor at the cafe. I was setting out the blankets and the lights. I had a basket with sushi and drinks.

"God I hope no one steals this shit..." I mumbled to myself as I looked at the things I had laid out on the blanket. It was late and the park was closed. I had to jump over the fence to get in, and let me tell you if I wasn't as tall as I am, then I wouldn't have been able to get in. No one really went to the park at this hour since it was closed and I've never heard about anyone breaking in so I'll just hope that no one does it today.

I nodded to myself before turning around to meet Eleanor. I almost choked on my own heart when I started walking.

Why was I so nervous? I've done this before. Chill. Nothing to stress about.

My heart was beating so fast, but it stopped the second I saw Eleanor as beautiful as ever. Her hair was curled and fell perfectly down along her shoulders. It looked so shiny and soft. She turned around and met me with a beautiful smile as her beautiful brown eyes sparkled. Her brown eyes were brighter than any blue eyes I've ever seen before.