Chapter 18-Fast forward

We left the cafe and Gravity took me home. She started to ask me about Chad and I relationship but I told her I didn't want to talk about it because it was too much.
"Thank you for reaching out to me. I needed my best friend back" I said
"No problem, I needed you too. Hell we needed each other but love you"
"Love you too, get home safe"
I got out the car and walked inside and when I opened the door my mom had dinner sitting at the table with the biggest smile on her face.
She had told me that she got the job and that our lives were bound to change.
4 weeks later...
"It's good to have you back Aliza but anyways, we have the big annual talent show coming up. If you are interested then come see me after school because I'm holding auditions. If you get picked I'm telling you right now that you have to be on time to practice because it'll be a certain order for the show. Practice will be Tuesday and Wednesday. If you don't come to practice then I'm scratching your name off the list because it's important that the show go as planned. You'll be given a number and whoever is in front of you then that's who you need to get acquainted with if you aren't already. The day of the show is this week Friday, be on time because if it's your turn and you're not here then we're skipping you and you don't get to perform even after you show up"

I was back in the music club, after a long hiatus. Everything has been good for the last couple of days, I was looking for a new job and this time it was just because I needed some sort of income coming in to help my mom and sometimes treat myself. Gravity and I were on good terms and I decided that I should take Josiah a little more serious so we started talking. I was even linking up with Coi from time to time, she was a good friend to have aside from all that strip club stuff. She gave me good advice and honestly I took it from time to time. By the way it was her idea that I should start talking to Josiah.
At first it was kind of hard to adjust to him because I had been through a bad streak of boys. He was patient though and I couldn't appreciate that more.
"Alright you all are free to go and don't forget that auditions are today and are still held in the same place...the auditorium!"
I left the room and made my way toward the auditorium, I had written this song titled "the movies" It was about Chad...unfortunately. I liked the song though because the hook was beautiful and catchy, Josiah even agreed that it was a good song even though it wasn't about him.

I started to rehearse back stage so I can be prepared when it was my turn. After about 2 or 3 times I repeated the lyrics I then put the paper with the lyrics in my pocket.
"NEXT!" I heard Kayla shout from behind the curtain.
"I got this...I know I can do this" I told myself before on stage
"My names Aliza Cartier and I wrote a song called "the movies"

"NE-" Kayla was about to say but my music teacher cut her off
"Hold on Wait now Kayla, I like this one. She has true talent...and I know you know that. I thought I told you we aren't picking people who has no talent not people who you have animosity with. You need to grow up because that's completely ridiculous, Aliza thank you dear you're in the show and your number is 5"
Kayla didn't say anything she just rolled her eyes at me. I didn't understand what was this bitch problem with me. Like I gave her Kairo back and I didn't confront her about that trifling, childish ass shit she did with my diary.
I walked off the stage and went outside to wait on Josiah.
When he pulled up I walked toward the car and got inside.
"so wassup, you in the talent show or what?" he asked me
"One thing at a time but yeah I'm in!" I answered with excitement
"That's wassup, I knew you'll get it." He hugged me and pulled off
"So you wanna get something to eat before I drop you off or what?"
"Hold up let me see if my mom is working late because if she is then I'll definitely need something to eat"
"Alright, ask her"
I texted my mom phone and asked her what time she was getting off.

Mom❤️: "Maybe like 6 because Mr.Cortez needs to stay late for this project he's working on and I need to be here to answer the phone and give him anything he needs"
Me: alright, Josiah taking me somewhere to eat. See you later, love you💕"
Mom❤️: okay good and I love you too💞"
Me: "to the moon and back"