Chapter Four - Sangam

The bell that ended the lunch break echoed through the halls. Tweek and Craig had spent the remaining few minutes of their break confabulating and catching up on each other's lives.

Craig groaned as the bell rung out and clutched his book bag. He hoisted himself to his feet before looking to Tweek.
He pursed his lips for a moment in thought. 'We should hang out after school, you know. We can play video games and continue talking if you'd like.' Craig proposed.
Tweek stood up and threw his school bag over his shoulders. 'That would be a lot of fun!' he concurred.

The other boy grinned jocundly before his face fell. 'Well- AGH- I'll have to ask my mom first, of course. She's been needing my help with the coffee shop lately.' he explained apprehensively.

Craig leaned his back against the lavatory wall. 'I'm sure it'll be fine. If you can't, we can just do it another time.' he responded.
'Anyway, ' He pulled away from the wall.

Tweek followed behind Craig as they exited the restroom. 'Catch you later, dude.' the raven-haired boy called as he turned to depart. Tweek grinned and waved his farewells.

Suddenly, the blond teen called out. 'Wait! GAH- er, Sorry, let me give you my phone number so we can contact each other after school!' he said, fumbling for his mobile phone.

Craig followed suit, pulling out his own phone. 'Good idea,' he mumbled as he opened the contact app.

After the two swapped telephone numbers, they both bid each other adieu. 'See you,' Tweek said before dashing to his next class. 'Bye,' Craig waved, standing idly for a moment before departing to his own class.

Craig hoisted his book bag into his locker, shoving it into the cramped space.
'Craig!' He whipped around upon recognising his name being called.

Craig watched as Clyde propelled his way through the profusion of students to approach the other boy.
'Craig! Where'd you go during lunch?' he posed his inquiries.

The black-haired teen knitted his brows together and squinted as he peered at his crony. He sniffled and turned to peregrinate alongside Clyde. 'I went to go find Tweek while you and Token went at it,' he elucidated.

The brunette threw his hand to his chest in a dramatic fashion as he gasped. 'Craig Tucker, of all people, caring for someone other than himself? No way! What have you done with the real, asshole Craig?!' Clyde chaffed, giving the other boy a playful punch on the arm.

Craig rolled his eyes and hastened his pace. 'I'm going to class, Clyde.' he announced coolly. The other boy glowered but just turned his heels to recede in his own direction.

Craig's next and final class was just around the corner from where he and Clyde had sundered to go their opposite ways.

The boy's schedule consisted of five segments. His day commenced with Math class, followed by History class, Chemistry class, Lunch, and finally concluded with a Foreign Language class.

Craig had chosen to learn French, which was taught by a kind, elderly woman named Mrs. Neilsen. Ironically, the woman didn't actually know much French.

Currently, Mrs. Neilsen was writing out French orthography as Craig slipped into the classroom. He glanced uneasily at the time displayed on his phone as he plopped down into his assigned seat.

He drew his brows together as he ruminated. Craig was unable to fathom why he was so eager to hang out with his old friend; he had always inclined toward being left to his lonesome before. Why the hell was this so different?

Craig observed absent-mindedly as Mrs. Neilsen passed out worksheets to her pupils. He scribbled his name into the corner of his own paper and canted his head to rest on his fists.

The young, ebony-haired boy listened distractedly as the professor elucidated the instructions of the task. He felt his eyelids grow heavy as he slipped in and out of consciousness.

Craig's head jolted up from where it rested on his desk as someone patted his shoulder.  'Wake up, dear.' ordered the voice of Mrs. Neilsen.
Craig drowsily looked about, noticing that the classroom was vacant except for Mrs. Neilsen and himself.

His teacher was settling back at her desk to grade papers. 'You slept through class. Try and get some sleep tonight, hon.' she spoke without looking up from her current enterprise.
'I apologise,' Craig mumbled softly as he assembled his belongings.

The old woman raised a sceptical brow. 'Just don't let it happen again.' she sighed. Craig nodded silently and trudged out the door.

He slipped his mobile phone out from his coat pocket and pulled up Tweek's contact.

From: Craig Tucker
To: Tweek Tweak
If your mom is okay with it, do you want to meet up

The other boy's reply arrived almost immediately after Craig sent his message.

From: Tweek Tweak
To: Craig Tucker
My mom saod that it's okay if I hsng out with you. Where wouljrd you like to meet up at?

Craig felt himself huff in amusement at the spelling errors. He was willing to bet that the other boy was hardly even able to focus on his keyboard, due to all the caffeine.

From: Craig Tucker
To: Tweek Tweak
We can meet outside the school gates and walk to my house. I have a couple of games we can play on my ps4

Craig's phone vibrated as it received the response.

From: Tweek Tweak
To: Craig Tucker
Soufds good. I'll sre you thwre.

Craig grinned to himself as he made his way down the halls and slipped his phone back into his jacket pocket.

Edit\A/N: the title is genuinely the worst pun I'll ever be able to make. I applaud anyone who can figure it out.