chapter twenty-seven

We ran through the school and outside, heading to the Forbidden Forest. Hermione and Harry approached us without Umbridge.

"Where's Umbridge?" I asked.

"Centaurs."

"How did you escape?" Hermione said, looking at us and seeing that we were unharmed.

"Puking Pastilles!" Ron said happily.

"It was his idea, too!" Star added.

"That was clever, Ron," Hermione said. "Now, we need to get to the Ministry of Magic."

"How will we get to London?" Neville asked.

"We fly, of course!" Luna answered, speaking up for the first time. "The thestrals live in the forest. They're very friendly."

Luna began walking, and we followed her deeper into the forest. Once we were able to tame enough and mount them, we flew to London.

Two hours later, we arrived and quickly ran into the Ministry, working our way to the Department of Mysteries, where we had seen Sirius. When we found the black hallway, I ran to the door, yanking it open quickly. We went through room after room until we found the room with the orbs.

"Lumos!" we shouted together, and everyone's wands lit up.

"Harry, Y/n, look!" Neville said, pointing to the orb with our names on it. "It's a prophecy."

I reached for the orb, tucking it in the pocket of my robes while Harry ran through the aisles to find Sirius.

"He's not here!" Harry yelled, rejoining us.

A cackling laugh rang through the room and footsteps drew nearer to me and the others.

"Ah, yes. The Potters and their friends," Lucius Malfy said, his voice cold.

Bellatrix emerged from one of the dark hallways, angry. "Hand over the prophecies!"

Death Eaters began surrounding us from all sides. We turned around to face them, wands up.

"Ready?" Ginny whispered. "Three, two, one!"

"Stupefy!" we all shouted, Stunning a few Death Eaters.

Star went behind us, Luna and Neville to the right, Hermione, Ron, and Ginny to the left, and Harry and I ran forward.

"Give me the prophecy," Bellatrix screeched, appearing in front of us.

"No!"

"Then I'll make you hand it over!" Bellatrix shouted, and I knew something bad was about to happen. "Crucio!"

"Stupefy!" Harry yelled, catching Bellatrix off-guard. She fell backwards, and a memory came back to me: the Rennervate spell. That would be useful.

Another Death Eater lunged in front of me, and I panicked, shouting, "Levicorpus!" The Death Eater flew up and fell once again, crashing to the floor.

"Reducto!" Ginny yelled. Her spell hit one of the shelves, and they began falling inward, crashing against each other and shattering the orbs.

"To the door!" Harry screamed, and we all sprinted toward it.

While we ran, I glanced at Luna, whose lip was bleeding, as well as forehead. Star had a cut across her cheek, and, according to the sticky blood I felt on my eyebrow and hand, I was also scratched up.

Harry flung open the door, and instead of hitting more walkway, we fell into a pit, landing on a soft pillow thanks to Hermione's quick-thinking. Immediately, we stood up. Death Eaters were already filling the room, sending up black streaks, like smoke, as they Apparated. The room was foggy and pitch-black, but when a light appeared above us, I saw Luna, Neville, Hermione, Ginny, Ron, and Star all being held by a Death Eater.