CJ

I let out a sigh as I reach home.

Turning off the car, I step down and bang the door.

I walk into the house like nothing happened, to meet two pairs of eyes staring worriedly at me.

"Where on earth have you been Kylie?" My dad shouts. "We waited for you the whole night, but you didn't come back!!"

"I'm here now, and I'm fine. Just in case you care". I reply and head to my room.

"Kylie darling, where were you.......are you okay........hope you aren't hurt". Mum said surfing my body for any noticeable injury.

"I'm fine mum, I need to go take a shower" I say taking her hands off me and walking into my room.

I shut the door, grab a towel and dash into the bathroom.

In about thirty minutes, I was done.

...

Ok guys remember, I promised I will tell you about the whole Kylie and CJ stuff.

Well, actually, my full name is Kylie Jessica Howard.

But you know, I hate it.

Fist of all, Kylie sounds so girly, like the name you'll give to your princess doll, or pet, or even teddy bear.

And Jessica, well, it sounds like the name given to a pet.....fish.
Forgive me, if your name is Jessica.

And then Howard, rhymes with coward and I'm totally not one.

Well, that is that for that.

...

Right now, I'm lying on the bed in my room, thinking about nothing in particular.

I toss a tennis ball on the wall few inches away from my bed, and watched as it returned to me in a space of two seconds.

"Honey, you okay?" Mum asks, looking at me repeatedly tossing the ball around.

I totally ignore her, continuously tossing the ball and looking away.

"Do you maybe wanna talk?" Mum asks again, while sitting at the edge of my bed.

Immediately, the ball returns to my hand, I sit up, rest my head on my mums laps, and lie down again.

Just because I seem like a tomboy, doesn't mean I don't feel emotions.

"Don't ever leave us again, don't ever leave me again darling. You know, whenever you leave like that, it reminds me of that day............" Mum says wrapping her arms around my body.

I sit up, and give her a tight hug as her tears pour down on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so so sorry mum, I will..........I'll never leave you again.....I promise, I'll never leave you". I stutter tightening the hug.

"You must really be tired...."

"And hungry" I add cutting her short.

"Of course, let me go make breakfast. Guess what I'm making today?" She asks with excitement.

"Chicken salad?" I reply with a lot of excitement too.

"You guessed right!" Mum says.

"Oh my goodness, thanks so much mum! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you". I scream hugging my mum tightly.

"Hug. Is. Too. Tight" mum manages to say, amidst the tight hug.

"Oh I'm sorry, let me leave you to go make me some chicken salad, while I freshen up". I say.

"Better". Mum says after I release her.

I look around my room to see dirty clothes lying on the floor, books littered everywhere, and biscuit wraps on my bed.

In one word, my room is a mess.

I try to tidy things up in a minute.

Then I notice an ear ring. It is a shimmery diamond ear ring, which I do not recognize.

The last time I checked, I do not own any of such.

I pick it up and squeeze it into my jeans pocket, tidy the rest of my room and head downstairs.

...

After dinner, I lay down on the bed, recalling all the activities that took place today, as usual.

Picking up the leaflet I was given, I trace my eyes to see if the time was stated.

Finally, my eyes land on the time. 07:30 pm, which is approximately  forty five minutes from now.

Getting up from the bed, I take a look at myself in the mirror, and I don't look that bad, except that I have to change my shirt, coz it has some stains on it.

After changing to a navy blue shirt, I grab a pair of blue sneakers and my keys and head downstairs.

I don't like being late for events and stuff, you know.

Grabbing an apple from the counter, I leave the house.

I told mum about it earlier during dinner, and she forced me to go. She even went to the extent of saying that if I go, she will be so proud of me, that I'm becoming mature, blah blah blah blah.

So I don't think there is any need of going to her room to tell her I'm leaving.

Honestly, I don't feel like driving today. And looking at my car, I'm sure that if it had emotions and could speak, it'll tell me the same thing.

So, I just shove my keys into my pocket, and start trekking.

In about thirty minutes, I reached the church entrance. I stop when I sight a small shop, to get a cold fruit juice.

After buying it, I enter into the church. I look at my time and it says 7:22.

I'm shocked to see a good number of people sitting in the church even when service hasn't started.

I walk deep inside and take a seat close to the choir section.

I start playing games with my phone, while gulping down the chilled fruit juice down my throat, keeping an eye on my watch to know the time.

Not long after, service started fully, with the choir leading worship songs, then we took some hymn songs and after then, the pastor climbed the altar.

He started preaching on love, not forgetting to quote the famous John 3:16.

While preaching, I could sense that he was rummaging through the congregation, as though he was looking for someone.

Then his eyes landed on me, and his countenance changed and so did the topic.

Because now, he is talking about forgiveness, emphasizing on the part of the Lord's prayer which stressed on forgiveness.

Then he changed the topic to what he captioned "New things". He stressed that no matter what had happened to us in the past, we shouldn't recall them for old things are passed away, and behold, all things have become new.

He also talked on anger, and that when we become angry and are about to take drastic decisions, we should ask ourselves this question "If Jesus were to be going through this same situation, how would he handle things?"

I was really enjoying the sermon. That is until my eyes landed on a figure.

And I was totally shocked.

************************************

A/N

That's the third chapter, hope you guys enjoyed it, don't forget to press the star button below.

See ya later wattpaders!