The thief in black

Previously on Nice-ish

I was enjoying the sermon in church, until I sighted someone.

...

The person was wearing the exact piece of ear ring I had found in my room on one ear, and nothing on the other ear.

I kept on taking quick glances at her, but her face wasn't familiar at all.

Then I brought out the piece I had with me in my pocket, to be sure it was the exact match, and after checking, I discovered it was.

I went through her outfit, and she was putting on black. That is, black shirt, trousers, and shoes.

I waited till the sermon was over, and then I walked up to meet her.

...

But when I got closer, she hid her face.

"Um........hello, can I ask you a question?" I say, and she stands to run away.

"Oh please don't run, I'm not gonna kill you, I just want to clarify something" I say, and she stands still, but she still covers her face, and avoid eye contact with me.

Well, that's none of my business right now, coz once I'm sure that this whole thing is just a misunderstanding, I'm off.

I don't have nothing to do with weird individuals.

Showing her the piece I was holding, I ask "Does this belong to you?"

Her eyes lit up in shock, as she saw it, and she touches both her ears to check.

I was kinda surprised that she didn't even know that a piece of her ear ring was missing, but it sometimes happens, so I'll just let it go.

She grabs the piece from my hand, says a quick "thank you" and runs immediately.

But there is one thing familiar with her voice..............

Skip this part
{Think CJ. Think!think!!}

I said skip that part. Why did you go ahead to read it.

Yes you. I'm talking to you.

...

Just as I was thinking, I felt a light tap on my shoulder.

I turned around, coming face to chest with someone.

"Hey there, pastor......." I say trying to remember his name.

"Its Eric" he answers.

"I'm sorry pastor Eric. I forgot your name"

"Don't call me pastor Eric, just Eric".

"I'm sorry, but I can't call you that. It'll be so disrespectful of me".

"Alright then, but I won't answer you if you call me pastor Eric".

"Fine then. Eric it is" I say, and he gives a light chuckle.

"I'm sure you came with your car today". He asks

"Well, actually, I felt like trekking today".

"Ok then, I guess there would be no excuse today". Eric says

"Alright, I guess you can drop me off". I answer.

"Shall we?" He asks gesturing for me to walk in front of him....

"Alright" I say, leading the way.

...

We get outside and he leads me to his car, opening the front door for me.

"Ummm so.... I hope u enjoyed the service?" He asks trying to start a conversation.

"Actually, yes I did" I say refreshing my mind of all that happened in the sermon, including the latter incident.

There was just one thing about that voice.... Like I've heard it somewhere, and also she seemed to be to enthusiastic about black clothing's...

"It's nice to hear that" Eric says bringing me back from my deep thoughts.

"Hmmm" I reply not knowing what else to say.

Sensing a silent and awkward moment, he turn up the volume of the radio while I take out my phone pretending to be doing something serious.

After about thirty minutes, we finally arrive at my house.

"Ummm......."

"CJ" I remind him sensing that he had forgotten my name..

"Thanks.. So CJ, its pretty late, and I can't risk my car being stolen, so I wouldn't be able to go in and greet your parents, so just greet on my behalf please" he says.

"No problem Eric, I do understand" I reply.

"Alright then, good night" he says

"Goodnight, bye" I reply.

...

I go in to meet my dad typing some stuff on his laptop, and my mum taking a hot tea while looking at the clock.

"Don't tell me you guys are still awake!" I say.

"Ok then...." Dad replies.

"How can I possibly sleep when I haven't locked up properly... I have to be sure that you are back, and lock all the doors before sleeping". He adds.

"And this?" I ask pointing towards his laptop.

"I wouldn't just sit doing nothing.... I just had some emails to go through".

"Ok....... That's enough, to bed". Mum chipped in

"Alright" I and dad answered simultaneously.

"Goodnight you two" I say and go up into my room and slam the door.

It has sure been a long day