fourteen

[ sweet thing ]

his hand brushed my shoulder as i turned and i smiled at him. he smiled back which made the moment even better.

...

the music that quietly played in the background suddenly got louder and our bodies got closer. things were starting to move in slow motion as we got closer, and closer. suddenly everything was back to normal when a voice called up the stairs that dinner was ready.

we jumped away from each other at that and finn awkwardly put his finger to his lips. i put my hands on my hips as we both avoided eye contact.

"we should head down." he suggested while pointing to the door.

"yeah, don't want the food to get cold." i said before turning to walk towards the door.

we all sat around the table, mary, eric and nick were across from finn and i. it was a nice dinner, spaghetti which was amazing because i haven't had it in so long and a salad on the side. everyone was talking about their day and how they were super glad to have me as their guest.

"so, how was your christmas nova?" eric asked looking in my direction.

"it was good for a christmas with the lockwoods." i said chuckling a little.

"that's good." mary said sending me a smile.

"so, you have a big family?" nick asked me.

"yeah i have two older brothers, damian and freddy. i think you'd like them." i said with a smile.

"i'll have to meet them then." nick replied also smiling.

"yeah, maybe some time soon." i said nodding.

"i have to meet them first though." finn said joining the conversation.

"like you'd do it, you're probably scared." nick said looking at finn.

"i'm not scared, maybe nervous but not scared." he said before taking a drink of his water.

"i was nervous to meet you guys. i mean i don't meet allot of people so it was kinda new." i said looking around at everyone at the table.

"it's okay to be nervous, it happens to everyone." mary said looking at me with a reassuring smile.

"yeah, nick stop taunting your brother and eat your dinner." eric said looking at nick.

"okay okay, fine." nick said before grabbing his fork and eating his food.

"you'll be fine finn." mary said to him.

"yeah, they're not that scary." i said smiling at him. "they're just people."

"of course." he said smiling at me.

throughout the rest of the dinner i found myself playing with the neckless finn got me a lot. after some time he had noticed and grabbed my hand under the table. i smiled while listening to a story mary was telling.

after dinner i helped wash up the dirty dishes and then went back to finns room. he sat on his bed playing his guitar to the tune of 'say it ain't so' by weezer. i walked over and sat next to him which caused him to stop playing.