twenty-six

[ jealou$y ]

The dinner was great even though I had almost been caught by the one person I hate the most in this world. Somehow, even though I was worried, they still made it great. So after dinner peter invited everyone over to his house to enjoy the rest of the night. How could I say no?

"I'm never eating that much ever again." I said as I sat in the doing chair at Quincys desk spinning myself slowly.

"That's your fault, I told you to stop." Quincy said before pulling his phone from his pocket.

"Yeah, I also told you to stop because I'm just as nice as him." Finn said from next to me as he leaned against the desk.

"Guys." Nicks said as he walked into the room. "I just heard them downstairs talking about what happened at the restaurant."

"What's there to talk about?" I asked stoping myself from spinning.

"Apparently your mom and peter knew each other in high school then the lost touch but suddenly reconnected nearly 18 year ago." Nick explained what I'm assuming he heard from their conversation. "Then not too long after your mom started ignoring him and not taking any of his calls so he gave up after a short time seeing as he had to take care of Quincy."

"So what, they knew each other, that's cool, clearly his awesomeness didn't rub off on her and I got stuck with it." I said before beginning to spin again.

"So none of you think that's kind of strange that peter hung around before you were born?" Nick asked looking between the three of us.

"Yeah no, we totally think it's strange." I said with wide eyes and sarcasm laced in my voice. "Oh, Quincy, what if your dad is my dad too!"

"Yeah, that would be great, then we'd be related!" Quincy said with the same amount of sarcasm that I had.

"Dude, if that's the case then we're turning that guest room into my room and I'm moving in." I joked with him.

"No wait guys, what if that really is the case." Finn said standing up straight and looking between Quincy and I. "What if when your mom found out she was pregnant and it was with peter she cut everything off."

"Look, even though that sounds exactly like something she would do I don't think it's possible okay. She said my dad was like a firefighter or something. A one time thing and when he heard he didn't want anything to do with me." I explained after stopping myself from spinning once again to look at finn.

"Okay, well then I guess this conversation is over." Finn said as he made direct eye contact.

"Thank you." I said before turning back to the others. "Now can we just chill, nick cut the detective shit out."

"I think I did good though, maybe I should go to school for that." Nick replied with a growing smile.

"Please don't." I said smiling.

"We'd all be in ten times more danger." Finn said.

"I would leave and never come back." Quincy said.

After a few hours eventually Eric and mary decided it was time to leave and they would drop me off at home so we said our goodbyes to peter and quincy before taking off in the direction of my house.

Quincys pov

I stood in the kitchen filling a glass with water when I heard the doorbell ring. I turned the sink off and set the cup beside it before walking to the door to answer it. When I opened the door I saw maria, novas mom.