seventeen

[ smallest light ]

november's pov

i snuck out through my bedroom window quietly to make sure i don't disturb anyone in the house. since my room was on the second floor there was quite a jump but i made it down. i looked back at my window unsure of if i really should be doing this or not. eventually i decided it was too late to go back and began walking to finns house. it was cold out and all i had was a t-shirt and a hoodie on.

it was snowing but not much was coming down. i picked up my speed when i began shivering from the cold. soon enough i was at his doorstep with my phone in hand. i texted him quick to let him know i was at his door scared of bothering the rest of his family. soon the door opened to reveal finn with messy hair and glasses.

"come in." he said holding the door open for me. "aren't you cold?"

"yeah but i wasn't out for long." i said walking into his house.

"well you can wait in my room i'm just going to grab some waters and then i'll be there." he said shutting the door.

"okay." i said before beginning my walk to his room.

once i got to his room i threw myself on his bed, instantly getting comfortable. my head rested on his pillow as i laid on my stomach. i kicked my shoes off and then rolled onto my back. finn walked in with two bottles of water and some candy.

"here, you can pick the movie." he said as he handed the water to me.

"thanks." i said before getting up and grabbing the remote to the tv.

finn day on the edge of his bed messing with his phone as i walked back over. i sat down on the bed and turned on the tv instantly going to netflix. finn put his phone down and looked over at me. i smiled at him before looking at the tv.

"what was the fight really about?" he asked curiously.

"what i told you." i said going to finns netflix profile and scrolling through the stuff to watch.

"i know that's not true, you guys wouldn't be this upset at each other over chores." he explained as he turned his body to face me.

"okay, you caught me. i tripped her down the stairs and now she's in the hospital." i made up hoping it would get him off the topic.

"ha ha, come on november, just tell me." he said.

"fine." i said putting the remote beside me and turning to face him completely. "she started hanging out with this guy and i told her i thought he was bad news. she didn't take it well and said i was being dramatic. i told her that she should be careful and all she had to do was talk down to me. she said, oh yeah well at least mom knows about him. you still haven't even told her you actually have a good friend in your life because you're afraid she'll kill you when you tell her it's a guy. so i got extra mad because in all reality i am scared to tell my mom because she's a scary woman so i called her a bitch and then she left. she hasn't been home since."

"so this is all over a guy you dislike?" he asked seeming to slowly process what i had told him.

"yes." i said.

"and she thinks you're scared to tell your mom about me because i'm a dude?" he asked.

"yes." i said shaking my head slowly.

"maybe you just gotta show her you don't care what she thinks. she only said it because she knew it would offend you. if you really were scared of your mom finding out about me you wouldn't have come over here so late and risk getting caught." he explained.

"yeah, i guess you're right." i said before looking down at my hands. before i knew it i wrapped my arms around finn pulling him into a tight hug. "thank you."

"you're welcome." he said while wrapping his arms around me.

"okay." i said pulling away. "now let's cut this out before nick finds us and starts making jokes about how sappy we are and shit."

"yeah, i would like to keep our reputation of badass friends as long as possible." he said with a smile.

"you mean one badass and one dumbass." i said before chuckling.

"only for you." he said winking in a joking manner.

"ew gross." i said rolling my eyes. "what do you want to watch?"

"i told you to pick." he said while i grabbed the remote.

"well then your netflix profiles gonna look a lot like a basic ass teenage girl got on here." i said beginning to scroll through again.

"on second thought, i'll be taking that." he said before reaching to grab the remote from my hands.

"i will bite your fingers off if you even think about it." i said yanking my hand away from his.

"worth saving my netflix from being terrorized." he said reaching further to grab the remote.

"stop before you get kicked off the bed." i said trying to sound angry as he leaned over me but failed as a small chuckle came out.

"you wouldn't kick me." he said.

i leaned as far away from him as possible with my hand even further until i was nearly about to fall off the bed. finn could almost reach the remote since his arms were longer then mine which wasn't fair. i nudged him away before sitting back up and quickly trying to type in the first movie to come to mind.

"i swear november, if this is one of those high school movies i am going to kick you out." he said looking at me with a straight face.

"no finn, i'm not putting on some stupid high school movie. in fact it isn't even that girly." i said before pressing play on the movie.

"the space between..." finn mumbled quietly under his breath. "fine, we can watch it, but only because i can't say no to you."

"stop saying that stuff finn, it sounds like your trying to get laid." i said before putting the remote between us.

"that doesn't sound like a bad idea ya know." he said with a smirk.

"not happening wolfhard, now shut up." i said looking away from him with a small smile.

"you're blushing again." he said before poking my cheek.

"no, i'm just hot." i said.

"then take your shirt off." he said smirking.

"i hate teenage boys so much." i mumbled while shaking my head.

"so are you or is that a no?" he asked dragging out the no.

"leave me alone." i said shaking my head.

"make me." he said sticking his tongue out at me.

"maybe i will." i said turning to face him.

"oh yeah?" he asked. "because i can go on and on all night, i've got stories from 17 years of life."

i groaned in frustration before shaking my head. he continued to ramble about how he is great at scoring on the wrong side in soccer and how he got kicked off the team. i thought for a second before smashing my lips onto his quickly and pulling away just as quick.

"alright now be quiet." i said turning away from him to watch the movie.

-

1259 words