twenty-five

[ rescue ]

november's pov

"so where are we going?" i asked as i got in the car with finn and his family.

"out to a nice restaurant, we spoke to peter and we all agreed on a night out." mary explained from the front passenger seat.

"great, i'm starving what about you guys?" I asked looking at finn and nick.

"i'm so hungry I could eat a shoe." finn said sarcastically.

"shut it, i'll kick you if you get sarcastic with me again." I said.

"jeez, okay." he said putting his hands up in defense.

"I'm genuinely hungry, so cut the shit and let's go." nick said putting his seatbelt on.

"okay, fine." eric said with a small smile before starting the car up and beginning to drive.

the ride was about 15 minutes and finn and I bickered about half of that time. our friendship is very weird. it involves random bickering all of the time but it was the enjoyable kind of bickering that made us laugh. I felt bad for ditching everyone on haleys birthday but it didn't seem like she cared much that I wasn't going to be there. she brushed past me when I tried telling her happy birthday, it hurt.

"so what type of restaurant is this?" I asked from the backseat after having a dispute with finn.

"it's an old Chinese restaurant." Mary said from the front seat.

"As old as Nick?" Finn asked causing Nick to nudge him. "Ow."

"You guys will enjoy it." Eric said as we pulled into the parking lot.

"Look, Peter and Quincy are already here." Mary said pointing out the two through the window.

"Yes!" I said excitedly.

"Hey, are we not enough for you?" Finn asked with a hurt expression.

"Of course you are, but I love them just as much." I said before unbuckling my seatbelt and getting out of the car.

Everyone else got out of the car slowly and we made our way into the restaurant. Peter and Quincy welcomed us saying that our table should be ready soon. We sat in the chairs waiting for our table to open up but it was taking longer then expected.

"I'm gonna go step outside for a minute, you coming?" I started looking at Finn.

"Yeah, we'll be back." He told everyone before we stood up and walked out.

The fresh air hit my face as we walked out of the restaurant. There was a small bench just outside the door where we took a seat. The wind blew through my hair as I starred off into space until Finn caught my attention.

"Feeling guilty?" He asked suddenly.

"About what?" I asked confused.

"Ditching your sister." He said looking over at me.

"Of course I feel guilty, she's my sister. I don't think I should care much because it didn't seem like she cared." I explained.

"It may not seem this way now but she missed you, i know this because I give advice like this to many people." He explained.

"Thanks, that made me feel a bit better." I said smiling at him.

"That's what I'm here for." He said smiling back.

We sat in silence for a few seconds as the breeze blew in our faces. It was great, incredible. I almost couldn't believe it was real.

"I think our tables ready." Finn said pointing through the window at our group standing up.