13

I'm focused on you
You gotta trust me babe, I'm helpless for you
You're the only one I'm into

All I got
Tone stith

Amelia's POV
"That's ten percent more than we agreed on," Xavier said to the Mr Reid who was trying to renegotiate a deal made between the two.

"I think it's fair," Mr Reid replied trying to look intimidating but it wasn't really affecting Xavier if anything it was just pissing him off.

"Of course you would think that, change the deal or our business ties will be cut," Xavier responded his voice stern as he stood up buttoning his jacket close.

"Mr Persons there can be no resol-"

"Change it, or we will no longer be in business,"

"50/50 is more than appropriate,"

"Not when my business makes more money than yours on its worst day, and besides even if you only took 5 percent of the shares you will be making 125,000 every three days,"

"But-"

"Change it, I need a contract by later today or we are finished, I will find someone else,"

"There is nobody else you know my library is the most profitable in the city, every other one will be a liability so I'm your only way into publishing,"

"By today or we are done," Xavier repeated firmly motioning for me to follow and I did taking twice as many steps to keep up with him. We stepped into the elevator Xavier's tense body radiating anger as the doors opened.

We walked into the office and I followed him as the elevator closed. I watched as he sat down, his eyes moving to me, I knew he was pissed off and while on the note of knowing things I also knew the deal would make a turn for the worse sinc-

"Amelia," he called out frustrated breaking my thoughts and I moved over to him placing my things on his desk.

"I expected something like this, after the last meeting we had with him," he said sighing as he held out his hand I took it and he pulled me into his lap. His face pulled together in confusion as he drifted into his own thoughts, biting the inside of his cheek.

"I have a friend who owns a library a couple miles away that wants to expand here," I said looking at his face for any clues of how he felt about my statement.

"How far is a couple miles?"

"20-30," I said and his face soften into a frown.

"We'll go tomorrow and check it out," he agreed and I smiled happily looking at his expressionless face.

"Can you smile?" I asked and he forced a smile making me laugh.

"Happy?" He questioned amused and I pecked his lips, my heart warming at the bright smile that spilt his face the moment our lips touched.

"Very," I whispered looking into his piercing eyes. He chuckled pecking my lips his hand running up and down my back.

"We're leaving at 7 pm," he informed me after a couple seconds, checking his watch.

"To go where?"

"The airport," he said glancing up at me.

"I'm coming?"

"Amelia, of course you're coming my assistant has to be present,"

"Well you should've have said that, I didn't pack,"

"I thought it was very obvious," he said amused.

"We'll just head to your place now it's only 5:33, that's enough time to do everything and get to the airport, right?" he added checking his watch. It took a long time for me to pack I had to coordinate outfits, match socks, toli-I was going to be in the air. So fucking high up, shit, I wasn't prepared for this.

"What now?" He asked his hand moving to my chin.

"Nothing," I said pulling away walking to my office to gather my things.

"It isn't nothing, you were in your own little world for some time," he said appearing at my door.

"I'm just calculating the time,"

"Don't worry either way we can't be late, come, " he said holding his hand I took it and he leaned forward kissing my forehead taking my handbag in his other hand as he lead me to the elevator.

"Are you hungry?" He asked looking down at me as the elevator descended.

"No I'm fine,"

"Tired?"

"Kinda," I whispered as we stepped out of the elevator, making our way to the parking lot.

"Don't worry we'll be on the plane in no time baby, and you can rest, "
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thanks for reading ❤️💯‼️

Might do a double update today since I can't really leave the house🙃😄

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter🥺

Let me know your thoughts on the book so far❤️💯‼️