Where I'm at on The Scott Derrickson Situation

A/N: so I need to give up my own opinion on the whole current situation with.

I'm upset that Scott left from the film and that he wanted to do a more Gothic type of film for the MCU. It would certainly have been something interesting. And it's good he said no to Disney.

But I also need to say something in regards to how this is getting received. With Stuff being like: 

*Marvel isn't bothering with anything interesting.

*Kevin Doesn't Want a full horror cause he pansy.

or the good old simple, repetitive, overused and worn out as fuck comment: "RIP MCU".

First of all, things like the first Dr. strange and the guardian movies are examples of them doing something interesting and different from some of the films that they were doing during this time. And let's not forget the fact that they literally have projects like WandaVision and What If...? as part of their upcoming line of MCU stuff? How are those not interesting or doing something different from the other MCU stuff which are all doing "ThE eXaCt SaMe ThInG" in all the films before hand.

Kevin said that the film will have horror like themes to it that will contain frightening moments within it. Derrickson literally only said it would be a SCARY movie. Not a horror movie.

Another thing I need to point out that I can at least understand that they kinda needed the film to keep in continuity with the universe the film is in and what Wandavision is going to tie into it (I still see no way how Loki ties into this movie) to prevent any sort of continuity errors and cause the film to get a sort of backlash from fans.

But, to be fair...... the film is called the MULTIVERSE of madness so they wouldn't exactly need to focus too much on the films. They'd just need to at least bring some things over from the Wandavision show to kinda help reason to why Scarlet Witch is there.

So I'm really in the middle about this. I likely would have loved the ideas that Derrick would have had, But to say that Marvel hasn't been doing anything interesting or isn't attempting anything interesting I find to honestly be a massive crock of shit.