C H A P T E R 2

-𝙽𝚘 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚘𝚔, 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜!- 𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚊𝚝 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚛 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚍 -𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚊𝚍-.

Bucky's POV

When I woke up I understood that I was at the hospital by the smell.

I slowly opened my eyes and I saw my mum sat next to me.

-Oh my God!- she said crying -You are still here-.

I took her hand with mine, smiling weakly.

I also realized that I had an annoying thing in my nose. I was about to remove it but my mum stopped.

-No!- she said -The doctor said that you can't breathe alone anymore, you'll need oxygen-.

I sighed and nodded.

-Also, there is a guy outside, he caller the ambulance. He said you were having a coffee with him when you stopped breathing- my mum said.

-Is he... Is he here?- I asked.

-Yes, I go call him- she said and left.

A few moments later Steve appeared.

-Hi... I am glad to see you are good- he said.

-How can I be good? Look at me!- I said.

-Why didn't you tell me that you want to die?- he asked.

I stopped and looked up: he was sad, I could see that.

-I am ill since when I was a kid and there is no way for me to heal. I am tired of fighting- I said.

-But... You have to try at least!- he said.

-I already did! I did for the last 24 years! And nothing happened! I don't want more useless hope- I said and then I realized I was yelling -I'm sorry, I didn't want...-.

-No it's ok, this is not my business!- he said and sat on the chair next to the bed -But at least allow me to make these last months of life the best you have ever had-.

I smiled and nodded.

~~~~

-Who was that guy?- my mum asked while we were in the car, driving home.

-His name is Steve. I met him on the bus, he is nice- I said.

-I see... I am happy that you finally have a friend-.

I smiled; she was right, because of my illness basically no one wanted to be my friend.

-Yeah I am happy too- I said smiling.

****