C H A P T E R 7

-𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑, 𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙 𝚜𝚊𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚐𝚊𝚢. 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚗, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚗 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚊 𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎-

Bucky's POV

-So? How did it go?- I asked when Dr. Tyler entered the room.

It was the day. That day I would have known if the therapy was working.
Dr. Tyler sat at his desk and sighed: oh no, bad sign.

Steve, who was with me that day since my mum was working, took my hand in his and  that calmed me a little.

-Well Mr. Barnes... I happy to say that you are on your healing way- the doctor said.

-What?! Really?!- both Steve and I said anr he nodded.

I couldn't believe it, I was really healing!

-I want to see you again in two months, just to be sure but yeah, the cancer is disappearing- the doctor said.

When we left the hospital I was the happiest person alive!

-Can you believe it? After 24 years I am finally healing!- I said to Steve and he nodded.

-Let's go celebrate!- he said kissing me.

-Yeah sure! Let me just text my mum and Carol- I said.

To: Mum <3
Hi mum! Dr. Tyler said I am healing! The therapy is working! Now I am going to celebrate with Steve and Carol, see you tonight!

To: CapCarol
Hey! Steve and I are going to celebrate my healing, are you coming with us?

Carol answered soon after.

-Is it a problem if Carol brings her friend too?- I asked Steve.

-Of course not! She can bring who she wants- he said.

Some minutes later we were at our favourite café and when Carol arrived there was a girl with her, long brown air, quite tall.

-Hi guys!- she said -This is Peggy, my friend-.

I noticed that Peggy and Steve shared a look, like if something was wrong, but I didn't care much about that, I was probably only paranoic.

-Hi! Nice to meet you- Peggy said.

-Hi, I am Bucky and this is Steve- I said.

-Nice to meet you- he said smiling.

We ordered something to eat and then we started talking.

-When did you two meet?- I asked Carol.

-A few months ago, she needed girl talks after her boyfriend broke with him- she explained and Peggy nodded.

-Yeah, he broke with me after years of relationship saying he was gay. Come on, you can't like men from a day to another so this means you played with me all the time- Peggy said looking at Steve.

What was going on between them?

-Well that wasn't nice at all- I said.

-Yeah? Anyways, let's talk about happier things, like the reason why we are here now- Steve said changing topic.

-Oh yeah! I am so happy that you are healing Bucky, I can't imagine how happy your mum will be!- Carol said.

~~~~

****
Carol's POV

-Here we are!- I said as soon as Peggy and I arrived at my flat.

I promised Peggy to show her some of my photos and since the café where we were was near my home I invited her in.

-Your flat is so pretty- she said looking around.

-Aww thank you! This way- I said and we sat on the sofa, an album in my hands.

-You did all of these photos? They are gorgeous!- she said.

-Thank you!- I said smiling -Here I was in Africa and here in Italy... Oh here I was in Paris! And here at Niagara Falls!-.

-They are all gorgeous- she said looking at me.

-Not like you- I said and suddenly realized what I just said -Wait... I mean... I...-.

I was interrupted by Peggy's lips meeting mine.

We kissed. The kiss was kind, soft and sweet. Now all the feelings that I was feeling for her had a meaning.

****