C H A P T E R 12

-𝙳𝚒𝚍 𝚠𝚎

-𝙳𝚒𝚍 𝚠𝚎...?- 𝙸 𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚍.

Carol's POV

I woke up in a room that wasn't mine. I looked around and I saw Nat sleeping next to me.

Wait: why was Nat next to me? It was in that moment that I realized it was her flat.

What was I doing in her flat? And why was I naked?

-Good morning- Nat said.

-What am I doing here? What happened? Ugh my head- I said.

My head hurt a lot. Last thing I remembered was going to the bar with Nat and drink... No, oh no. No...

-Did we...?- I asked.

-I think so, I don't remember anything after you kissed me at the bar and we drank- she said.

-I have to go- I said standing and dressing quickly.

I looked at my phone: 10 missed calls from Peggy.

-Ahhh- I sighed angry.

-What?- Nat asked, now she was wearing shorts and a tank top.

-It's my girlfriend. Ugh she will be so worried!- I said.

To: My Peggy <3
Hi!! I AM SO SORRY! Yesterday I was drunk and Nat wanted me to spend the night at her place so I wouldn't have to come home drunk since it could be dangerous. I'm leaving now, see you soon :)

-I have to go- I said.

-Will I see you again?- she asked -Please-.

I sighed: -I don't know-.

And then I left.

~~~~

*

***
Bucky's POV

I was on a plane for the first time in my life. I was a little scared at the beginning, everyone would be, but then I relaxed, mostly thanks to Steve who kept me distracted for all the flight.

We landed in Hawaii Islands and I couldn't believe that I was really there. Since my mum could never go there I promised her that I would have brought her some sand from those beaches, like a memory.

Our room was a little wooden house on the water.

-So? What do you think?- Steve said.

-I love it- I said -Everything is beautiful-.

That night we were in our balcony, looking at the sea and drinking a glass of wine.

-You want another one?- Steve asked pointing to the wine.

-No I think one is good. I don't want to risk- I said and he nodded.

Steve brought the glasses inside and when he came back he looked nervous.

-Bucky... You know that I love you, right?- he asked.

-Yes, why are you saying that? Did something happen?- I asked worried.

-Yes actually... I... I have to tell you something- he said.

-Steve, you are scaring me. What happened?- I said.

-Well... One day, some years ago, I was on the bus and... The guy sat next to me almost died. I promised him to make his last days the best he has ever had qnd without knowing that we became very close. When he healed I brought him to Hawaii. You know what guy is he?- he said.

-Is it... Me?- I asked confused.

-Exactly. I love that guy like I have never loved someone and I can't imagine my life without him- he said and took a little red box from his pocked -So, Bucky Barnes do you want to marry me and spend the rest of your life with that guy you met on that bus?-.

When he opened the box I saw a ring. Steve was proposing.

Was that really happening?

~~~~

*

***
Nat's POV

A few days passed since when Carol and I spent the night together.

I tried to call her and text her but she never answered.

I was cleaning the kitchen when I received a message: I thought it was Carol but no, it was from Wanda's brother.

From: Pietro
They are going to move Wanda to an hospital in New York so she can receive better care.
She is awake, Nat.
Wanda is alive.

Wanda was alove and she was coming to America. I couldn't be happier.

****