chapter 19

Itachi smiled as he looked at the bright blue orbs full of emotion that were staring in amazement at the view of Konoha below them under the setting sun. He had drove them at the top of one of the mountains that encircled the city, to a spot he had discovered in his teenage years, where the beauty of their hometwon could be admired entirely. If there was one thing they had in common, was their deep love for their roots, they both loved every angle and hidden corner of their birthplace, so he was sure she would appreciate his idea, and doing so, he was sharing with her one of his favorite places, revealing to her a little part of himself, for this place had been his little comfort zone, the only place where he could come to when he was angry, sad or simply wanted some loneliness. He had never told a soul about his little hideout, she was the first, and it made him wonder, just how much the girl had captivated him.

"This is the most beautiful place I have ever been to! I can't believe I've never been here!" she said enthusiastically, pointing at something that had caught her attention, drawing a chuckle from the raven haired man that was enjoying her happiness, it was what he was aiming at. He just wanted to see her smile, she had the brightest smile, and he loved how her eyes shined when she did. Her bright personality was one of the things he appreciated the most about her.

"And look! That is my place! And yours! I can see both our houses from here!" she smiled wider and he drew closer, leaning his chin on her shoulder, circling her waist with one of his hands, as her back rested against his chest, making her gasp loudly at his bold action.

"It's beautiful, but it's nothing compared to you" he whispered softly in her ear, making her blush strongly with his words.

He smirked as he heard her breath hitch, and she freed herself from his grip, facing him fully. He raised a brow at her, a little displeased by her action, but didn't say anything, giving her a neutral expression.

"That sounds so cheesy" she said crossing her arms on her chest looking away from him. He blinked, and burst into a laugh when he realized why she had reacted that way, he had said the same thing earlier, and he let out a puff of air from his mouth.

"It does sound cheesy, but it is the truth. Simple as it is, Naruko" he explained, peering at her, and smiling when she looked back at him with slight surprise on her delicate features.

"Do you doubt my words?" he asked as he stepped closer to her again, without touching her.

"No…but.." she bit her lip with her teeth as she formulated what she wanted to say.

"I don't really find myself beautiful, it actually surprises me that you're interested in me at all"

He raised his eyebrows in surprise hearing that. She was insecure and it was up to him to show her just how much he cared for her.

He smiled, his dark eyes boring directly in hers, as he got a hold of one of her hands enveloping it with his.

"This particular place, I used to come here when I was younger, I considered it my little hideaway, a place where no one could ever find me when I wanted to escape the world. I was always burdened with a lot of responsibilities as the family's heir, and sometimes I felt like a need to escape from everything. Sasuke, my best friend Shisui, no one knows about this place. You are the first I share it with"

His eyes were intense with an hidden emotion as they were still chained to hers, either one of them pulling away.

Her eyes widened as she realized what he meant, showing her something that was so dear to him, it made her feel warm, and her heart beat increased "T-the first? But…but why me?" she stuttered, trying to calm herself down. She understood that he wasn't just fooling around with her, so this time she took the initiative brushing his arm with her fingers, reaching his hand, entwining them with his, she blushed lightly at the contact, and she felt his dark eyes on her, they were fixed on her with such an intensity it almost burnt her.