chapter 23

It had been a few weeks from Itachi's confession, and everything was going very well for the newly made couple.

Naruko had been training hard for the tournament that would take place in a month, while Itachi had been busy with his job, Fugaku and Madara had involved him in all their important meetings, with the excuse that he would be taking over soon, and he had started to approve and deal with their major business partners, including Minato, that despite his initial dislike of the young Uchiha, had to admit that he was very good at business, and he was sure that he would change and improve the company and Namikaze would benefit from that and the idea of a merger under Itachi's command was starting to look appealing to the Namikaze, that had been reluctant until that moment.

He still wasn't fully accepting of the relationship between the Uchiha and Naruko, but after getting an earful from both his daughter and his wife, he had mellowed down a bit, although he would need time, lots of it, to fully accept it.

There had been developments in the gang also. Ino and Sai were officially dating, for Ino's happiness, Neji and Tenten had just celebrated their first two weeks as a couple, while Hinata and Menma were nearing their first month and Sasuke and Sakura had celebrated their first three months.

Temari and Shikamaru were still working things out, she still had to transfer to Konoha and was due to move at the end of the month, so for the time being the Nara was dependent on his cell phone, although he tried to hide it the best that he could, being a genius he had no problems.

In the meanwhile, Naruko and Itachi had managed to keep their relationship if not a secret, they had kept under wraps, and both had been very reserved about it. They still hadn't officially met their respective friends, and their families, although they knew, still hadn't seen them together, for Kushina's and Mikoto's displeasure.

They had been very careful, going on dates in places none of the people they knew usually went to, seeing their friends separately, and never going to the other's house when the other was there, although that applied only for Naruko since she was the one that frequently visited the Uchiha household due to her friendship with Sasuke.

That night though, was going to be different, because te Namikaze twins and the Uchiha siblings were going to spend two days together, since their parents had to leave for a business gala that that year was being held in Suna. Fugaku had decided to attend this year, since Itachi still wasn't officially the Ceo, but had already told his son, that from next year on, he would be dealing with such nuisances.

Minato hadn't really liked the arrangement, and Menma had complained that they were old enough to stay home without adult supervision, but Kushina had put her foot down, and Mikoto had been too willing to offer her help, so, that afternoon, Kushina and Minato had drove them to the Uchiha's, and Naruko, Menma and Sasuke, had waved at their parents, as they left, in a shiny black limo, they had reserved for the trip. Their mothers were all smiles, the elder Uchiha had his usual stoic expression and Minato, well he was almost in tears.

The three stayed there, and as soon as the car a

"So…what now?" Naruko asked, as she stood with a hand on her hip. Her black and orange t-shirt was tied at her waist, and she was wearing matching black shorts, it was hot that day, and she had tied her hair up in a bun, and was fanning herself with a hand to find some relief.

"Well, we could go inside, turn on the Ac and play video games until Itachi comes home"

"Sounds good to me, when are the girls coming over?" Menma asked casually as they walked back inside Sasuke immediately turning on the tv as he sat down on the floor not bothering to get on the carpet, appreciating the coolness of the tiles.