Chapter 30 - Sanctuary

Kabir didn't have any idea where Pari had gone but he guessed it was to her boyfriends house - where else? He didn't know where Dev lived but he knew where he worked, where they both worked and sooner or later she would return to work he assumed. He just had to be patient.

Pari woke up a couple of nights later, sweating and screaming after seeing Kabir chasing her with a bloody knife. She had been having this recurring nightmare ever since she ran away from him however she felt worse today - possibly the accumulative affect of the lack of proper sleep and constant worry for the past few days/nights.

"Pari?" Dev peered into the guest room just as Pari laid back down gasping for breath. Damn! She had woken him up again - poor guy wasn't getting any sleep with her screaming at all hours of the night.

"I'm fine Dev, go back to sleep" she said trying to feign calmness. He was already doing so much for her and she didn't want him to worry about this too.
She had asked Dev if she could stay with him for a couple of days. She had made up a lie about Kabir being out of town again and that she was too scared to be home a lone. He had been the most gracious host since then. She felt bad for lying but she didn't know how to tell Dev about the true reason why she couldn't go home.

"I know you're not fine, you're having nightmares everyday and you're also extremely anxious all the time." Dev was truly worried. He thought perhaps the trauma she faced was giving her some form of PTSD. Little did he know that what she really did face was giving her PTSD issues.

"I know, I think it's just anxiety from what happened and my nightmares are all about that night." She lied.

"Should we go and see a doctor? You can't live like this Pari, I know this is affecting you a lot."

"I'm sure it'll pass please don't worry about it. You're already doing so much for me. And I can't thank you enough for letting me work from home too." She couldn't get herself to leave his apartment. She completely all her work remotely and that suited her fine especially since Dev was happy to let her do that. She finally felt safe.

Kabir had visited Pari's work place everyday since she left but he had only seen Dev working a lone. Pari wasn't there. Where was she? How could he find her?