Seven

Maggie was shivering while she was huddled beneath a blanket, tears running down her cheeks. Trish sped down the road in the dark while Darry tried to get her to slow down.

"Come on your gonna kill us!" Darry shouts as they nearly went into a ditch, swerving out of it and making them all jump.

"I mean it, slow down!" Darry adds.

"Trish please!" Maggie says, gripping the seat. Trish finally hits the brakes angrily, screeching to a stop beside an old farm house, causing them to all take deep panting breaths.

"Oh god I think I'm gonna be sick again." Maggie says.

"Look." Trish says with her head turned to the old farm house. There was a light inside.

"No way." Darry says shaking his head.

"There's a phone." Trish says.

"So?"

"So, you just told me to stop."

"I didn't say stop, I said slow down."

"Guys, please stop okay?" Maggie whimpers. Both siblings looked to their baby sister and saw she was shivering and crying.

"I'm sorry Maggie." Trish says patting her sister's hand and Darry rubbed her forehead with his knuckles like he used to when they were all very young.

"Maybe we should ask them if they have a phone. The next town is so far from here and that...he could catch up." She pants.

Darry sighs and Trish nods, pulling into the driveway of the house. When the two elder siblings got out, Darry kept Maggie from following.

"Maggie, stay here." He says, causing her to look at him like he was mad.

"I don't want to!" She cries.

"Just stay in the car ok, we'll be back in a second." Trish says as they walk to the house.

Maggie sighs, sliding back into the passenger side of the car and opening the window for fresh air. She took deep breaths and wiped her face with some napkins Trisha had in the glove box before leaning back, watching as the two siblings slowly made their way to the house while muttering to themselves. Maggie huffed a sigh and curled into the seat, leaning her head on the window to reflect on what happened. He killed officers, endless amounts of people, cut off his head and yet, he let them all go? Why? Was he playing with them? Was he just trying to get a rile out of them because it was working. Maggie looked at her shaky hands and whimpered, curling herself into her sweater.

Meow

She yelped, looking up and seeing a little orange tabby had crawled onto the top of the car hood, peering in on her. She breathed out a sigh of relief and got out, shutting the door and picking up the cat, rubbing it's head and walking to the steps. Trish and Darry were still standing there with an old woman that was standing in front of the screen door.

"..another one?" The old woman asks as she approached.

"Yes ma'am. I brought your cat back for you." Maggie says letting the cat go. The woman instantly opened the screen door, letting the cat back inside. But then she paused, looking out passed them.

"You kids for anybody else with you?" She asks, looking at something in particular.

The three looked at each other and then turned around. Maggie gasped; he was here! He stood in the corn field in front of the scarecrow, ominously still.

"Oh no..." Maggie shudders as she grips Darry's shirt.

The three stared at him, wondering who would make the move first. The old woman on the other hand, made the first move. She pushed past the three with a shot gun in her hand.