4

Sorry for the quick author's note but wow... All the comments from the last chapter made me super happy I just couldn't wait to start writing the next chapter! Thank you all so much for the support even though I haven't responded because I'm a bit shy ahaha, but I am reading them and they all make me super happy thank you!!

Also, I'm gonna start writing stuff that doesn't match with the game so just a heads up especially for anything OOC coming!!

Sorry for all that, onto the story!

You leaned against the button pedestal as you closed your eyes to catch some breathe and listened to the raging water falling.

You were at Hulbury's very own gym, heading straight to it after an encounter with a rude pink man.

"You're (F/L), right? I saw your gym battle, you're okay. But if I were you, I'd quit. I'm going to be the new champion anyway."

You gasped at his words. The nerve of this—

"Your chances of winning against me are little to none. I was endorsed by Chairman Rose, and who are you, some creepy... guy..? endorsed by? Hah!"

He thinks I'm a guy? How funny coming from someone who looks like a grandma.

I held up Rookidee's pokeball to his face, signaling him to a battle.

"Sorry, I only battle those I think are strong enough." He said, walking away.

You were enraged at this point, you stomped your way over to the gym.

I'll show you who's weak, I'll defeat this whole gym without breaking a sweat.

Well, here you are breaking a sweat.

No, not over the battles, but more over the running back and forth and trying not to get splashed or hit by the wind coming from the water. Any chances of your disguise getting blown away was a big no no, so you had to run as fast as you could as soon as you felt any wind.

None of the trainers were of any difficulty, especially with Yamper's nuzzle. Although Vulpix hadn't had her time to shine in this gym, which your sure she'll whine about later.

Finishing the gym's puzzle, you made your way to the stadium and heard the familiar sound of the audience.

I just finished challenging Milo not too long ago, perhaps I should have rested a bit. But... that rude guy..! I'll show him!

Getting angered once again, you walked to the center of the stadium where you were face to face with Nessa.

Suddenly all feelings of anger went away and turned into admiration.

She's so pretty!

"I'm surprised you're here so suddenly. Wasn't it just yesterday you defeated Milo?"

You felt bad if you were to ignore her so you nodded.

"Still a quiet trainer, how mysterious. Nevertheless, I won't go easy on you!"

A sense of nostalgia hit you as the gym music started playing once again.

Yamper was able to sweep through Nessa's whole team, including the dynamaxed Drednaw. Overall, you had a feeling it was more of Yamper's excitement to battle rather than the type advantage.

She congratulated you with the water badge while you secretly wished to ask her for her autograph.

You headed out of the gym and almost felt your heart drop.