8

I'm not sure how to point this out within the story so I'm just gonna say it here— the way I think of the MC is her voice is much more softer without her disguise, contrasting her more powerful voice in battles which is why it's difficult to see them as the same person c:

————

Taking deep breathes to calm yourself as you heard the muffled cheers of the crowd, you prepared to face Bea. The gym battles will now only get more difficult from now, as the first three were already a challenge for many trainers.

You're mind recalls the previous night, when you had said your farewells as (Y/N) to Hop, Victor, Sonia and Leon at the dinner last night.

You and Leon walked side by side back into the restaurant with smiles on your faces.

"Oh? Who confessed first?"

You gasped and ran over to Raihan, slapping the back of his head as you tried to hide your blush, unbeknownst of Leon's similar reaction.

Hop had moved aside for you and Leon to sit back in your original seats.

"I'm surprised Hop didn't gobble down all the food while we were gone." Leon commented as everyone laughed.

"Hey! I would never do that!"

As they bickered with each other, Sonia had offered some of the food from the middle of the table to which you took. You tried hiding your still-red face by having your hair cover the sides of your face.

"Lee, you better start eating before (Y/N) eats it all."

You turned towards Hop.

"Excuse me, I'm not the one hogging the food!" You said as you pointed at how most of the plates with food were closer to him than they were to the other side of the table.

It was now your turn to bicker with Hop until you felt warm hands gently moving your hair away from your face.

"Eh?"

You turned slowly to see Leon struggling to position your hair up as he bit on a hair tie in his mouth.

"W-what are you doing!?"

"Stop moving around so much! You're gonna end up eating your hair if you don't tie it up."

You complied to his request, glaring at Raihan from the corner of your eye as raised his eyebrows suggestively.

"There. Sorry it's kind of sloppy, I'm not really used to tying anyone's hair besides mine."

"You tie your hair?" Sonia asked putting her hand over her mouth, trying not to laugh at the picture of it.

"Of course! It does get hot when training sometimes, y'know?"

You focused on eating for most of the night after trying to picture Leon with his hair tied up. You were not getting teased by Raihan any more tonight.

At the end of that night, you realized that Sonia wasn't as bad of a person as you thought she was. If anything, it was Raihan who was pure evil.

You had woken up early the next day to double check that you had not left anything behind and to make it to the next city before the sun sets. It was sad saying goodbye to Raihan— even though it's a little embarrassing, it was nice for someone to know the truth about you and to throw jokes when you were down.

You walked through Route 6 imagining a battle with Raihan— all of your Pokemon at full power going against his... You didn't know the full extent of his strength, but you did know Leon's; and the dragon tamer being called the next strongest trainer after him meant something.