5

It was a new day.

But you couldn't forget what happened yesterday— how could you?

With a large sigh, you packed your belongings from your rented room and got ready to make your way past the second Galar Mine.

Why they named the cave Galar Mine No. 2 instead of anything else? You'll never know.

As your four legged Pokemon were still tired, you decided to let them rest in their Pokeballs while Rookidee once again sat on top of your head.

When making your way past the shore and it's boats, you suddenly groaned to yourself. You knew that similar to the other mine, it would be difficult to see with the sunglasses from the darkness.

Stupid disguise.

Upon entering the cave, you heard a familiar voice.

"...Gym Challenge are pretty slim, I must say. Here I'll give you this. Something to show you at least tried."

You peeked over a corner to see the rude pink man... talking to Victor!? He gave him one of his league cards.

"Now where shall I go next to collect wishing stars?" He started walking your way and you were busy deciding if you should panic and run or face him.

But before you knew it you were making eye contact with him.

He stood still and flipped his hair before deciding to walk past you without saying anything. You almost screamed at him to show how you'd earned the Water Gym Badge and defeated Nessa quickly, but since Victor was straight ahead and could notice you, you decided to let him go without any commotions.

You walked behind him silently, sometimes trying to take a different path that led to nothing or an obstacle. It probably seemed like you were stalking him, but you didn't want him to see you was all! There was only one exit out of the mine after all.

Seeing some weird looking men up ahead, you decided to sit down and rest in another corner of the mine, hopefully away from their sights but still able to listen. They mentioned how they wanted to have a battle with him and then— Hop!?!

He came running out of nowhere and enthusiastically joined in on their conversation. The weird looking people didn't take it well and started complaining, only for Hop to say that they were talking to the next future Champion, himself.

You felt an admiration towards him when he had said that. It wasn't absolute that he would win— he would have to defeat the strongest trainers, the gym leaders at their strongest, and finally Leon, the unbeatable Champion— yet he still has the confidence and courage to push and call himself the future Champion.

You silently watched their battle over the rocks and crystals with Rookidee. The way they both confidently moved in sync with their Pokemon and with confidence stunned you.

As soon as they finished their battle, you sat back down and made a promise to yourself. You wanted to feel the thrill of Pokemon battles and the excitement of it.

So, for the next Pokemon battle...

...I'll take off my mask.

To practice the feeling of battling without a mask and training your team as well, you decided to battle some of the wild Pokemon in the cave, treating them with berries after each battle.

"Wing Attack!"
"Ember!"
"Thunderbolt!"

It was such a foreign feeling to scream, but it felt... exhilarating.

Is this what I've been missing out on?

After training and feeding your Pokemon some berries, you walked back together to Motostoke— more specifically the East of it.