55: Lost The Battle

Hey guys, just wanna say that I excluded the part where Nida's mother passed away in front of her eyes because that would've personally been too painful for me and a few of my readers who can relate their personal lives to this.

Although I know that my words aren't 'that' strong to actually make someone cry but sometimes they can be, especially if a reader can relate to the events happening in the story and it can be really painful for me, as a writer to find that my readers were hurt. So this is basically just the funeral. Read on and I reallly hope you don't cry, because well....I did. (I'm an idiot ! -_- )

_____________________________

Shehry's POV:

"Shehry woh...chali gayeen. Chali gayeen mujhe akela chor ke, humesha ke liye." Her words came out soft but painful. She hadn't blinked out a tear since the second her mom passed away yesterday, while I cried my heart out whenever she wasn't around.

She had gone into some sort of trauma unable to perceive the truth that her mom died but mom, dad and I tried to get her to believe and she finally did, but her reaction was too normal and at the same time so painful that not a single tear had escaped in loss of the most important asset in her life.

It was as if....she had nothing more to live for.

"Look." Her voice broke me out of my thoughts as she pointed to her mother's dead body being taken away for the funeral prayers and I felt my heart skip a beat at the heart-wrenching sight. "Look Shehryaar. Look at the way she's very...easily letting us go. Me and...papa."

"Nida please aise mat kaho. Woh kisi ko chord ke nahi...."

"Chord gayi hain !!" She screamed all of a sudden. "Jhoot bola tha unho ne mujh se ! Kehti theen humesha saath rahein gi meray, aur dekho ab ! Na duniya ki parwaah, na papa ki, aur na hi... meri !!" She screeched out her emotions as a tear appeared at the corner of her eye.

Please let it out Nida. Please ! For God's sake let it out. You can't stay this way. I know I won't be able to bear it but just...let it out ! I don't wanna lose you.

"Nida please ro lo. Meray liye ro lo. Dil halka karo apna." I begged her as I held her by the shoulders, tears pooling up my eyes again.

"Kiyun roun mein Shehryaar !! Meri parwa ki hai unho ne? Jo mein unn ke liye roun gi ?!" Her bloodshot eyes bore into me with furiosity.

I gulped in my emotions hard enough. It was so unbearable seeing her like this. A tear escaped my eye and she looked away.

She spoke again, turning back to face me. "Mein tumhare liye bhi kiyun roun gi? Tumhi to chahtay thay na, ke mein na roun. Tumhi to aik aansou nahi dekhna chahtay thay na meri aankhon mein? Khush ho jao ab ! Kiyunke meri inn aankhon mein ab aik aansou nahi dikhay ga tumhein. Yeh mera vaada...

I couldn't bear to hear her more and just clutched her shoulders tight and shook her hard trying to knock realization into her.

"Woh marr gayi hain Nida !! She's dead !" I screamed at her face as my grip went tighter on her shoulders. "Tumhaari maa mar gayi hain !!! Woh ab waapis nahi aayein gi tumhaare paas kabhi bhi ! Iss duniya se ab unn ka koi vaasta nahi !!" I yelled loudly, my throat tearing off with each word I let out, but I had to get her to cry, to respond, or she'd lose her mind.

She just stared into my eyes in shock and winced, suddenly feeling pain in her shoulders and I let go of her with a jerk, making her lose her balance and fall to the ground.

I couldn't do it. Not anymore. Tears violently fell off my lashlines and I fell on my knees, crying.

"Shehry !" I heard her whimper and she lifted my face up to hers, tears streaming down her face very slowly.