49: A Departing Soul's Secret Wish

Nida's POV:

"Mama ! I'm home !" I yelled as I entered through the door and saw her resting on the couch with Sara as they watched TV and they immediately got up with huge smiles playing across their faces.

I smiled back even wider and hugged mom. "Kaisa tha camp?" She asked, after having kissed my forehead.

I gestured at the door where he stood and smiled shyly. I ran to him and grabbing his hand, pulled him towards mom who had the most beautiful smile decorated on her face.

"Lagta hai bohat acha tha." She said.

"Best tha." I squealed and she hugged both Shehry and I together.

"Aur mein?" Sara complained and at once jumped on mom from behind.

We just stared at each other's faces when suddenly I notice a drop of water appear at the corner of his eye and he shut his eyes. I could feel his grip go tighter around mom's back since our hands were slightly touching behind her.

I furrowed my brows in concern and he just forced a smile at me.

Mom pulled away and observed his face, and right then his tear fell off his eye and mom rolled her lips inwards as if trying to control her emotions. He hugged her again and this time she let go of my waist as he hugged her completely.

"Are you both okay?" I asked touching both their shoulders with my hands and a few more tears escaped his eyes.

"Shehry? Shehry are you okay?" I tried to see his face which was over mom's shoulder and he pulled back slowly and smiled at me, nodding. And right then, he just crashed into me, hugging the life out of me.

"Shehry....kia hua hai? Tell me. Please." I asked over his shoulder and he pulled back, cupping my face in his hands.

"I..I'm just..happy you're back in my life. That's all." He smiled through his tears though I could feel as if he was hiding something.

"I am too." I whispered and held his hands which were placed on my cheeks. I then released his hands and wiped his tears with my thumbs. Reaching for the corners of his lips, I slowly curved them upwards just like dad used to.........

I couldn't contain my emotions a second longer and just ran upstairs to my room, and cried. Cried my heart out.

Shehry's POV:

"Shehry, tumne vaada kia tha tum ro ge nahi. To phir tum...tum ne uss ke saamne..."

"Mama (Nida's mom) nahi hoga mujh se aur !! Nahi hota mujhse. Nahi...hota !! Mat chorein. Mat chor ke jaayein mujhe...apni Nida ko....p..papa ko." I just fell at her feet and hugged her legs like a helpless child who was afraid of losing his bother and cried.

Sara came near me and side hugged me as tears wildly flew down her eyes, too.

Mama slowly crouched down to my level and held my face in her hands.

"Shehry beta. Aik haftay m...mein to woh bhi jaan jaayegi beta. You have to be strong for her. Uss ke liye nahi to meray liye hi sahi. Shehry mein...apne aakhri din sakoon se nahi jee paaoungi beta. Doctor bhi jawaab...de chukay hain. Tum...tum aise nahi toot saktay...usse tootne nahi de sakte." She cried and I just hugged her tight as I caressed her hair softly.

She wept over my shoulder. "Beta Rizwan jee iss lamhay uss ke saath nahi hain. Jab tak woh waapis nahi aatay, sirf tum uss ke liye uss ki poori duniya ho Shehryaar beta. Please usse bacha lo. Please beta....bacha lo usse."

I slowly pulled away and unknowingly glanced at my hands which...which had a few strands of her hair.

My breaths hitched up in my throat as I slowly looked up at her. Tears streaming down her eyes. I felt like my heart would fail any second.