The Moaning Enclave

ABOUT THE STORY:

ABOUT THE STORY:

When the world's largest delta, the Sundarbans, stands on the threshold of climatic degradation, forest officer Vedhant Singha Roy embarks on a daunting mission. His goals are twofold: to rescue the island refugees who have been displaced by the fury of nature, and to develop sustainable solutions for preserving and restoring the biologically diverse heritage of Mother Earth.

Joining him on this perilous journey is Ruhika Bose, a young and passionate researcher from Kolkata. Ruhika ventures into the abysmal depths of the Bay of Bengal, eventually becoming Vedhant's pillar of strength. Together, they set out as participant observers, immersing themselves in the impoverished lives of the local communities, documenting their struggles, and understanding their deep connection to the land and its vanishing resources.

Their voyage, however, takes an unexpected turn when they arrive at an uninhabited island shrouded in mystery. The enclave, once teeming with life, now stands eerily silent, its only inhabitants being the ghosts of its turbulent past. Echoes of unwavering cries of agony reverberate through the dense mangroves, creating an atmosphere thick with foreboding. Vedhant and Ruhika quickly realize that their mission is far more complex than they had anticipated.

Amidst this spectral backdrop, Vedhant and Ruhika's bond grows stronger. Their shared commitment to saving the Sundarbans and its people forges a deep connection between them, one that blends professional respect with a burgeoning romantic tension. Their interactions are a dance of intellect and emotion, each discovery bringing them closer not only to the truth about the island but also to each other.

As the cyclone season intensifies, the duo must race against time to unravel the island's mysteries and devise a plan to protect the vulnerable communities. Their journey is fraught with peril- but their determination remains unwavering. With each step, they draw nearer to understanding the delicate balance between humanity and nature, and the sacrifices required to restore it.

Through Vedhant and Ruhika's eyes, readers will witness the profound impact of environmental degradation on communities and the unyielding hope that drives people to fight for a better future. This tale of mystery, romance, action, and horror serves as a poignant reminder of our responsibility to safeguard the planet's fragile ecosystems for generations to come.

* * *

Author's Note:

This novel delves into the depths of mystery, interweaving elements of romance, action, and horror from an environmental perspective. Set against the backdrop of Kolkata, my hometown, the narrative draws inspiration from the relentless and catastrophic cyclones that have ravaged the Bay of Bengal, the Sundarbans, and other coastal regions in recent years.

The story struck the author's mind in the aftermath of Super Cyclone Amphan, a devastating storm that wrought unprecedented destruction across Eastern India, particularly in West Bengal and Odisha, and in Bangladesh in May 2020 and lockdown period due to COVID-19.

As you journey through this tale, I hope you will not only be captivated by the unfolding mystery but also gain a profound understanding of the harrowing experiences of those uprooted from their homes. Through my eyes, you will witness the resilience of the human spirit amidst the devastation inflicted by these powerful natural forces.

'The prologue will be posted tomorrow. Kindly add the story to your library/reading list.'

* * *

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

I am officially a part of 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐝 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦 Creators since October, 2022.

My achievements:

1) My debut novel 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 is added to Wattpad reading list '𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘉𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘕𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 🤑.

2) The Times of India featured my debut novel 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞, for winning the Wattpad India Awards 2019.

3) Wattpad India Awards 2020 shortlisted 𝐒𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

I'm called a romantic MYSTERY author and it's so true. You'll also believe when you go through my highly intriguing books loaded with thrilling and spine chilling suspense 🕵‍♀️.

You might even be pushed to ride the roller coaster with pinches and sprinklers of romance, surrounded by the two necessary evils: mystery-thriller-murder-suspense and beware-of-crime-killer plots 🙅‍♀️.

Most of the chapters in my books contain some good amounts of hints sprinkled everywhere without your knowledge!🤦‍♀️♀ 👇 Here you're ready to pull the reins of your horses and go 👀!

👉 CRACK THE MYSTERIES IF YOU CAN 🕵‍♀️!

𝐌𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒:

**𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐘 series**
1. His Destiny Her Love
2. Her Destiny His Love

**𝐀𝐍𝐃 series**
1. Sacrifice And Realisation
2. Realisation And Nurture
3. Nurture And Love

**𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄 books**
◾Shall We Ever Fall In Love
◾Friendship Tales
◾ The Moaning Enclave

Want to know more about me? You may read My Wattpad Journey available on my profile.

I ❤️ my readers 🫶!!

DISCLAIMER:

This is a work of fiction.
Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. It contains imaginary elements with no intention of harming personal sentiments, may contain sensitive issues not to be taken personally or seriously.

The story copyright belongs to me as it is my original work with the story published only in WATTPAD. If there is plagiarism in any sort in some other website, please report it as you will be in the risk of a malware.

Copyright © 2024. All rights reserved.