Ferdinand's Ice Cream Shoppe

Josephine

"That was fucking incredible," Sam wraps Khadijha in a hug once he reaches us.

"Thank you, thank you," Khadijha replies, mockingly whipping her hair back and forth.

"And you, Jo," Sam turns to me, unsure whether or not to give me a hug but does so anyway. I return his embrace awkwardly. "I don't even have words! You might be better than Khad."

"Hey!" she nudges him in the ribs, a playful smile adorning her lips. "What did you think, Hero?" She turns to look at him, where he's standing looking down at his shoes.

"Uh, I hate to admit it, but it was good," he replies to her question hesitantly. His eyes meet mine and he smirks, that devilish dimple appearing on his cheek. I hope he doesn't mention the wink.

"Good, bro? It was phenomenal!" Sam interjects. "You should've seen the way he was drooling over Jo!" I almost spit out the sip of water I was taking but end up just choking a bit and coughing uncontrollably. Great.

"Shut the fuck up," I hear Hero mutter to Sam through gritted teeth as I continue hacking up a lung. Khadijha rubs my back until I finally settle down.

"You okay, babygirl?" she laughs. I just nod my head in response, unsure if the redness of my face is from my coughing fit or the embarrassment of Sam's statement. Was he really looking at me like that? I can't help but feel a little flattered, I mean he is quite attractive if you remove his personality. "But, yeah, I know right?" Khadijha wraps her arm around my shoulder to bring me to her side. "She's amazingly hot. I'm sure I'll be fending off football players left and right." Hero rolls his eyes at her statement, and looks a little... angry? Why would he have any reason to be mad about guys potentially being interested in me?

"So, what are you guys up to now? Wanna go grab a bite to eat?" Sam asks with a hopeful smile on his face. It's painfully obvious he's interested in Khadijha, but she's never mentioned any interest in him that I know of.

"We're actually heading over to Ferdinand's with the squad if you guys wanna tag along," Khadijha flirts back. I guess she is interested.

"Yeah, definitely!" he replies excitedly. "You in, Hero?" Please say no. Please say no.

"Sure, why not?" he shrugs his shoulders, that sinful smirk returning to his face as he looks back at me.

After arriving at Ferdinand's and getting our ice cream, we move to sit in a booth in the back corner. I immediately slide in next to Khadijha, not wanting to sit next to Hero. He slides in after Sam, his perfect face right in front of me. Maybe this was worse.

"So, Jo," Sam starts, speaking with a mouth full of chocolate ice cream. "Why did you leave the party so early last night?"

"Oh, uh, I just wasn't feeling well, and I wanted to get some rest before today's performance," I lie. I continue eating my ice cream, cursing myself for getting a waffle cone as I hurriedly try to lick up the drops sliding down to my fingers.

"Yo, buddy," Khadijha laughs from next to me. "Her eyes are up here." I look across the table to see Hero's gaze directly pointed at my chest. I should've brought a change of clothes. With his intense stare on my body, I'm now feeling how uncomfortable I am in this uniform out in public. And I definitely shouldn't have gotten a double scoop of ice cream. Was everyone looking at my body? Was my stomach roll showing? I feel my cheeks flush with embarrassment, but try not to let it affect me, averting my eyes from Hero's general direction. "A little bit further," Khadijha says again, and to my horror I see Hero's stare now pointed at my mouth as I lick my ice cream. He's fixated on me as I drag my tongue up the side. It takes me a minute before I realize how sexual that probably looked, and my face turns even redder than before. His eyes show a strong emotion. Hunger? Lust? Would someone like him even look at someone like me that way? I guess perhaps in my cheerleading persona. His tongue darts out to wet his lips before bringing his lower lip between his teeth, and I find myself staring just as hard at his mouth. His lips look so plump and soft. I want him to bite my lip. What the fuck am I thinking?