⠀⠀o2. the new musical

NINI stood, staring at the poster that was stuck on the wall beside the theatre doors, still slightly stunned at what she was seeing - HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2, A THEATRE PRODUCTION: AUDITIONS BEING HELD TOMORROW, was printed in big, bold letters at ...

NINI stood, staring at the poster that was stuck on the wall beside the theatre doors, still slightly stunned at what she was seeing - HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2, A THEATRE PRODUCTION: AUDITIONS BEING HELD TOMORROW, was printed in big, bold letters at the bottom of the poster, the biggest focal point of the whole thing.

"It's cool isn't it?" Seb said to the brunette softly, appearing beside her without having made a sound - Nini jumped a little, not expecting the boy to be stood there as she thought she was the only one in the corridor, and Seb chuckled a little. "We're basically doing a sequel to the show we did last year."

"Isn't it risky?" Nini mumbled softly, still staring at the poster, "Because if the same people are picked for the same characters as last year, there's bound to be people that will turn around and say that it's favouritism or it's fixed."

"Nini, we're not in a talent show, we're in high school," the blonde chuckled, placing his hands on her shoulders and giving them a squeeze. "If that happens, there will obviously be people that don't agree with it, there are people that already don't agree with theatre, nevermind with this too, but what can you do? Miss Jenn knows best."

Nini knew Seb was right, and she didn't even know why she had judged it in the first place - there was a part of her that was nervous, knowing that there was every potential for Miss Jenn to call back the original cast from last year and that would mean she would have to be leading lady with Ricky again and at the moment, she didn't know whether she could hack it. She was only just beginning to get over what had happened before the summer break, and acting with him again could tip her over the edge.

"Come," Seb said, holding out his hand for Nini to take. "Carlos is waiting for us."

Nini took Seb's hand and the two of them began to walk down the corridor together towards the cafeteria where their friends were waiting - after the events of the junior year production and Ricky and Nini's breakup, the brunette and the blonde had grown closer. When Kourtney had been unable to be there for Nini, Seb was the one pushing pizza under the girl's bedroom door when she wouldn't come out for two days and Seb was the one who would hold the girl when she cried. She didn't know where she would be without him.

The two of them wandered through the hallways until they reached the cafeteria doors where Carlos was waiting for them, his attention devoted to his phone.

"God, I thought you guys had gotten lost," the boy chuckled a little, placing his phone into his pocket and pulling Seb into a hug. "I was about to send out a search party."

"Sorry love," Seb mumbled as he hugged him. "Nini was mesmerized by the poster."

"How awesome is it gonna be to audition for another High School Musical?" Carlos said excitedly as he began to lead them both into the cafeteria. "I kind of hope Miss Jenn calls back for the people from last year. It'll mean the whole family is back together again."