⠀⠀o8. chaotic rehearsals

RICKY watched from one side of the room as Miss Jenn moved fluently through everyone that was mulling around, waving her hands around in an attempt to picture in her head where everything was supposed to go when actually on stage

The drama teacher had decided that, after a weekend full of thinking and organising for the show, the theatre group were to spend half of their Monday evening rehearsal trying to figure out where in the show there was room for choreography, how it was going to play out, and how many people would dance.

Ricky could've sworn he'd never seen Miss Jenn think so much.

"Okay, the Lava Springs pool scene where Gabriella and Troy sneak out and get into trouble," Miss Jenn said suddenly, turning to Ricky and Nini. "Let's focus on that for a moment considering it just came to me all of a sudden."

"Bit of a problem," Ricky said, chuckling. "I can't swim."

"Wait, you can't swim?" Nini said, turning to Ricky with a look of shock written into her features which made the boy chuckle a little. "Since when?"

"Since forever," Ricky said, still laughing. "Miss Jenn, if you're planning on putting me in a pool, I beg that you reconsider because I could drown and die."

"Ricky, do you really think we'd be able to fit a pool in the sports hall?" Miss Jenn said, giving the brunette a look which made everyone laugh. "No, we're just going to stage a dance for that small moment in the production. Carlos and Gina can choreograph it together, so it's a male and female dance and that'll bit okay."

Ricky turned to look over at Gina, who gave the boy a wink.

"Okay, another scene," Miss Jenn said, throwing back on her thinking face, closing her eyes for a second as the cogs turned in her brain. "I Don't Dance! Harrison and E.J, this ones for you two. The ever famous baseball scene."

"I don't know to play baseball," Harrison muttered, rubbing the back of his neck anxiously as his eyes darted round the room. "Is that going to be an issue?"

"You don't know how to play baseball?" E.J said to Harrison from where he was sitting beside him on a tech box. "My god Harrison, we need to get you on the field. First it was football and now baseball? What's gonna be next."