You're Welcome ;)

Hello, lovelies! This is just a little something for you because I love you.

Simon was incredibly nervous. More nervous than he had ever been before, actually, and he'd had quite a few things to be nervous about. 

In comparison, his rocky recovery was so simple compared to this. He'd trade that helplessness he felt on days where he couldn't even bend his leg without tears pooling in his eyes for this feeling now in an instant. He'd trade it for the day where he realized (really realized) that his brain would never really be the same and that university was causing him more bad than good. He'd trade it for those in an instant because, back then, Baz was by his side. Baz was the one who took off work to just lie in bed with Simon when he couldn't stand. Baz was there when Simon quit university and started putting in more time at the café. And Baz had been so fucking supportive and lovely through all of it, too. In all honesty, Simon wouldn't have been able to survive it without him. (Or Penny, for that matter.)

But now he was on his own for this new feeling. For the weight of his recent purchase heavy in his pocket as he tried, with fumbling hands, to fix his hair.

"You look fine, Simon. I don't get what all the fuss is about," Penny said, extremely bored after having to sit and help him get ready for the past hour. She'd gotten Micah to loan him a suit––a nice grey one because Baz had mentioned that he loved Simon in grey. 

He shot her a look. "Pen, this is bloody important, yeah? I'm...it––what if I fuck it up?"

Penny rolled her eyes. "You will fuck it up, Simon. That's what I've been telling you!"

He wanted, like really wanted, to jump out of his window.

"You know what I mean. You'll fuck it up and Baz will still love it because fucking things up is who you are and he's totally in love with you."

Simon sighed. "What if...he might say––"

"Christ. He won't. He'll love it. Trust me, okay?"

Simon nodded and ran his fingers through his hair. Despite her snippiness, Penny had been a total godsend. From the first moment he told her his plan, she'd been nothing but supportive. She'd gone with him to the shops to browse and had let him read his speech to her multiple times just so he could commit it to memory and fix any issues with it. She gave his hand a squeeze and shot him a reassuring smile just so he knew that she was, as always, on his side and rooting for him. No matter what. If things didn't go according to plan, she'd be here in their flat with open arms, sour cherry scones, and a pint of butterscotch ice cream. 

There was a knock at the door. Simon's mind instantly started reeling again but Penny just squeezed his hand again before the thoughts could get too intrusive. (He'd already been sick four times. Nerves.)

Baz looked, as always, totally flawless. His suit was a dark green and Simon thought that it shouldn't really work for anyone, but it worked for Baz. Everything did. The wanker. 

"Don't you look elegant and put-together," Baz smiled from the doorway. 

Simon blushed and took his hand in his own, just to calm himself down. "Th––thanks. You look––"

Baz didn't press him, mock him, or make fun of him. He let Simon take his time to come up with the words. 

"Lovely," Simon decided with a determined nod.

Baz rolled his eyes, but Simon could see him fighting the smile that lingered on his lips. "I'll have him home by eleven, Bunce," he said with a curt nod to Penny.