16. Double Trouble

Life is too unexpected on every turn that it leaves us baffle where we started and where it will take us.

Nothing is permanent, neither the place nor the people.

What remains are the memories that become your elixir for survival.

I penned down my thoughts and pasted a photograph of happy-looking faces of Margret, as usual, attacking grandpa with her warm and lovable bear hug which I stealthily took on their date.

In the other picture, Matt was on his one knee and proposing me with a bunch of oats stem in his hands.

What an oatsy way of his friendship!!!!!

I looked up and saw Matt already came with his truck. I took my bags and in the meantime, Margret and grandpa came. Margret engulfed me in her warmth and I used the entire strength of the universe to hold back my tears. Grandpa kissed my forehead. No words were used. Silence and warmth of bond were filling the gaps.

I was again on the road, heading towards Tight Screw Ville with no expectation in mind. It was just BRING IT ON.

But every mile away from the heart of Oatsjunk, every curve of the road and every particle of golden dust and sun-kissed fields were telling me something. Maybe the secret message was that it became my home away from home.

Time flew quickly and Matt was dropping me at the tuk-tuk stand.

'I seriously don't know what are you going to find in this electronic city?' Matt said while bargaining with one of the tuk-tuk drivers.

'Like I had a vision of what was stored for me in Oatsjunk?' I smirked. 'Whatever I will encounter, I am sure I can handle it.' And I patted on my muscles.

'I bow down to your strength BUT...' Again with that BUT. 'Just don't do anything crazy and be safe.' He embraced me.

'And where's fun without spice in your life?' and with that, I got inside in my colourful tuk-tuk.

Goodbyes were never my forte and this farewell was crushing me. But I had to move on and I had to let go. So, my tuk-tuk driver started the engine of the three-wheeler auto and I quickly squeezed Matt's hands. His eyes were bright twinkle and mine were red.

'Where miss?' Tuk Tuk driver broke the silence.

'To the stars.'

Driver bro looked back with puzzled eyes.

'There is a Star Zostel, right? Take me there.' I sniffled my nose and since he was constantly looking at my red eyes, I added, 'onions sting man.'

Tight Screw Ville had a robotic vibe. It looked like the land of Raymond and Gucci and I was riding a tuk-tuk in the world of limousines.

He dropped me in some part of this technological hub since its lane was quite narrow. There were roadside stalls and I was peacefully walking, zoning in my own world when someone started following me.

At first, I thought random people with their random walks but then in no time he came too close to me and grabbed my backpack.

I abruptly turned around and took hold of the strap but he also grabbed my arms restraining my movement.

'No, he didn't'. I was so shocked by the turn of events. Everything was going fine and then suddenly boom.

I just can't believe this. What did he think of himself?

'Leave me alone.' I said firmly but his hold on me was so strong. I was struggling to get out of his bear hold but to no avail.

'Oh!! So, the poor lady thinks that I will leave her alone and just let her go free?' He had that evil laugh and boy, his breath stank.