31. What Just Happened?

'I like to arrive in style. That's my speciality.'

'Sorry Miss. I can't do anything about it. You are not appropriate enough to enter Cliff Hangers.'

'What's "appropriate enough" in your dictionary? You think I need to resemble an alien?'

The Bouncer of the club didn't give any response. He was letting other people in but I was stashed away at the side. He had a dark aura. Big burly muscles of arms covered in Egyptian tattoos with piercings over his eyebrows. I didn't want my night to ruin in this new city named Rhythmicbooze or a repeat of past few days where I became a crying mess. My journey was at its final stage before I pack my bags and head home so, Brayden decided to show me around the city and also invited me to the club since he knew the owner.

Since Mr Egyptian tattoo was really adamant on his part, I decided to call Brayden who picked up immediately. 'Hey, Rabbit, the bodybuilder is not letting me in.'

'Wait, hold on. I am coming outside.' The music was in its full swing inside the club since he spoke too loudly which was too much for my ears.

'Yeah, what's the problem?' He came after a few minutes and just spared me a glance and directed the question to Bouncer.

'Can you please look at the state of this woman; I am not letting her inside. There are certain rules that I have to follow.'

'Uff, I don't know what's the problem? So, what if I arrived on cycle, I look pretty good.'

'You came on cycle Scarlett? Most people would prefer a cab.'

Why is he shocked that much?

'I was planning to save money.'

Mr Egyptian guard had cotton stuffed in his ears so, he didn't care who was saying what. I tapped on the shoulder of Brayden and he turned giving me a what look. 'I know how to mend the situation.'

'Scarlett, what are you planning to do?' His voice was always laced with fear as if I would drop a bomb on someone.

And I did nothing. I just simply took out a rose flower that I bought from a street seller and politely walked towards the bouncer and pinned the flower at his chest pocket. His look was bewildered and I assumed that rose was adding weight to his soul.

'Please Rose Man, let me in. I will be at my best behaviour.'

'Can you move? You are blocking my way.' A screechy voice came into my ears and I shifted to the side to pave the way for a young lady.

I again turned my attention to Rose Man and pouted. A ghost smiled appeared at his lips and then he gestured to Brayden to come closer, 'take care of her.'

'Believe me man; she can take care of the whole club.'

I saluted the Rose Man and then finally entered the club. It was so dark inside. I could only see a swarm of bodies moving and dancing as if their bodies were fused with music. Brayden inched close to me and asked, 'what do you wanna do?'

'I want to eat first.'

We headed to an eating lounge area which was on the first floor. It had a warm and contemporary feel designed in such a way to enable space yet felt so intimate. The wooden deck tables were affixed to the railings of a balcony so, I took a seat over there and Brayden left to get my pizza. I had a great view of what was going down which was not much but people dancing crazily or grinding. It seemed like a fun show to watch.

When Brayden came with my pizza, he again left in a hurry to get his mocktail since there were a lot of people in line. I was starving to death and Mozzarella pizza was right in front of me. I could only wait for 30 minutes for Brayden and then I dived right into it.