Chapter 7 : Canceled

Skylar "Skittles" Adams

Skittles - Where are you? You promised you would come, you let me down Darrion : 6:45pm

 "You better keep my girls safe Julian" My dad joked as we walked out to his car.

"You already know sir, thank you for having me" Julian said while shaking my dad's hand.

I smiled faintly. That should have been Darrion. 

"Anytime son, and you two behave" He said pulling me and Alexis into a hug.

"Dad, chill" I whined. 

He chuckled letting us go. We went over and hugged my mum too.

"Hope to see you all soon and please bring your friend next time" She said directing her attention at me.

I mentally rolled my eyes.

"When he's not busy" I mumbled.

Once we got in the car my parents went back in the house.

"Your friend can fuck all the way off Julian I acc mean it" I said angry af as he begun to drive. 

"Damn sis don't do him lie that"

"How did you manage to come and he didn't, he shouldn't have promised me if he knew he wouldn't have been able to make it" I spat folding my arms.

"For real Jewels baby, where is Duffer?" Alexis asked.

He sighed.

"Look he's got a lot of shit on his plate, its honestly his place to talk to you Skittles..."

I remained quiet and just starred out the window. 

Darrion "Duffer" West

I starred at nothing in particular.

"Son did you hear me?" My dad asked.

I looked at him shaking my head before looking at her.

"Your suppose to be dead" 

She had tears racing down her face.

"Darrion..."

"I was 13 when I came home and you wasn't here..." I said still looking at her. 

Every time she wiped her eyes more tears would come out. At this point I didn't even feel bad for her.

"My dad...my so called dad told me you was dead, that you got into a accident, I -I went to your funeral and everything and now you want me to sit here and act like none of that shit really happened? Where the fuck did you go and why are you back?"

God knew I loved my mum, I remember crying my eyes out every night after the funeral and from then I just believe there was no such thing as love, it hurt so bad. But here she was alive and well, both my parents lied to me, this is why I never trusted people.

"Son calm down we can speak about this without yel--"

"--Dad at this point I don't wanna talk, I need time to myself" I said standing up.

"Please don't leave Darrion, I'm sorry just let me explain"

"You didn't want me did you?" I turned around and asked her.

The room fell silent. I nodded picking up my phone and car keys before heading out. I noticed various text and phone calls from Skylar. 

"Shit" I mumbled before driving off down the road.