Chapter 9 : Blurred Lines

Darrion "Duffer" West

 "What?" I groaned answering the phone.

"We got something on Rich" Jewels said down the phone.

I completely forgot about that shit. I left my house then jumped in my whip heading off down the road. My anxiety was up the roof. Just like that another month has passed by. And I know its Skylar's graduation coming up. Although Lollipop was mad at me she let me know that Skylar will be graduating which I was happy about. I was proud of her and honestly I missed her. After she got out my car I felt stupid but I didn't know what to do the feeling that had built up inside me was something I wasn't used to so I had to leave and talk to someone I know that could help me with that.

*Flash Back*

I shook my head angry with myself watching Skylar walk away from the car. I knew she was crying since she kept wiping her face. I wanted to get out and hold her but I was confused. When she told me she wanted me I didn't know what to say or do. No female had had me like this before and I swore up and down that I wasn't gonna fall for no one. 

"Fuck" I mumbled.

I knew who I had to talk to, even if I didn't want to. I sighed then begun driving off down the road.

* * *

I starred at the door what felt like forever. I wasn't sure if I could do this. I suddenly felt angry, all the memories begun to flood my head. 

"Fuck it" I mumbled about to walk away but the door opened.

"Darrion?"

I sighed slowly looking up. There she was. Maya Armstrong. 

"Darrion, what are you doing here?" 

She looked both surprised and confused. But I knew now I couldn't turn back.

"Can I come in?"

She looked back then slowly opened the door wider allowing me to come in. I looked around. She had a nice set up it was co---

"---Who is he?" 

I noticed a little girl coloring and minding her own business and a good looking light skin female looking right at me.

"Layla chill, this is Darrion, Darrion this is my fiance Layla" 

I looked over at shorty. She was nice I guess. 

"Nice to meet you" She mumbled before continuing the little girls hair. 

I nodded then followed Maya to the kitchen.

"What are you doing here Darrion? We haven't seen each other since high school..." She trailed off.

I sighed.

"I know..." I said looking everywhere but at her.

"Darrion..."

I closed my eyes swiftly.

"Forget it, I don't even know why I'm her---"

"---Darrion stop being stupid, you was outside my door for a reason so talk"

I licked over my bottom lip. 

"You remember how my mum died?"

She sighed.

"How could I forget? You was so broken..." She said softly.

"Yeah well I found out she's alive and well, shit has fucked with my head but I'm here because I need your advice"