Chapter 34 : Prep

Skylar "Skittles" Adams 

"...And that's why I think I will be suitable for the job" 

I smiled shaking the girls hand.

"I will look over some more of your paper work and get back to you before the end of the week, thank you" 

"Thank you"

I smiled watching as she left. I let out a soft breathe. That was the 10th person and also the last of the interviews. I was ready to go home and sleep at this point. I didn't know being your own boss would be so tiring. Since my birthday 3 months had skipped by and a lot had changed. 

"Sis"

I smiled picking up my keys and phone seeing Nailah stroll in. 

"You done?" She asked.

I nodded.

"I'm so tired Nai, I didn't think it would be this hard"

She waved me off.

"You doing just fine, before you know it you will have this place up and running propley but we got more important things to be doing"

My eyes widened.

"I completely forgot"

"Of course you did, that's why I had to come and get your ass, I already dropped the kids off at Pops and Manny and Darrion should be there already" 

I nodded while locking up the building. Today we were cake testing. We had our date set. 31st December...New Years eve. We didn't wanna waste any more time and of course all the girls just wanted to dress up so we managed to already sort out a location and everything. 

The whole ride there I was thinking about officially becoming Mrs West. It was defiantly over due but I was defiantly ready.

"Took yall long enough" Manny said.

"Sorry" I mumbled.

Darrion was already inside talking to the woman. I walked up to him hugging him from behind.

"Sorry I'm late" I said.

"No rush, your right on time to be fair, yall ready?" Sarah the cake woman said.

I nodded eagerly. All four of us sat at the table.

"How was interviewing?" 

Darrion asked holding the my hand and kissing the back of it. Something he always seemed to do now. 

"Tiring, but its all coming together, I just gotta go through everyone's paper work before hiring anyone" 

He nodded looking dead at me.

"Why you looking at me like that?"

He smiled shaking his head.

"Yall make me sick" Nai said sipping her water.

I smiled too . Just as Sarah came out with 5 different plates of cake.

* * * 

"Any one of them stand out?" Sarah asked.

We had managed to try 15 different cakes and I honestly wanted all of them. 

"If I had a say I would pick the chocolate fudge and red velvet with the cream filling" Nai said.

I nodded agreeing.

"What about you?" I asked Darrion.

He pushed up his lips.

"I agree"